Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm definitely not a professional. I don't have a great camera, and I just have a homemade light box, but I just can't seem to get my pics as bright as they should be without washing them out. Any ideas?

shanerozzell
    Banned
    Last edited by shanerozzell; 01-11-2011, 07:48 pm.

I feel your pain. The only thing visible is the background. Maybe try one of those blue/gray or black/brown photography backgrounds?

Comment

First up I think you're over lighting the mini's, open the f-stop up so more light gets into the lens and play around with the shutter speed until you're happy More more tip is to move the camera away from the mini's slightly, it has a focal length which if too close to the target, the lens can't focus correctly.

Comment

Try to use a capital 'C' more often.

Don't be too proud to click the 'Auto Correction' option on your photoshop package and see what it looks like.
        "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
        Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

Comment

I was wondering when someone was gonna point that out... I facepalmed when I noticed..

Comment

Fixed it

IMO Photoshop and Gimp can only work with what's there so if you load a poorly lit, out of focus image into either package you're not going to get the results you want. Get the basic imagery sorted first then let you image app auto fix the levels and brightness.

Comment

I'll try a couple more shots tomorrow playing with the lighting and the fstop and see what I can do. ^^

Comment

Working...
              X