Red Box Games - Heroic Fantasy Miniatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Box Games - Heroic Fantasy Miniatures

Fantasy miniatures of exceptional quality. Heroes and Horrors. A small company with big ideas, proven ability, and tested dedication.

Hello Again Kickstarter!

Red Box Games is back again to fund the production of a new range of fantasy adventurers. Well known for our already expansive line of fantasy adventurers and various Monster figures we now want to expand and update as much of the line as possible, This means all new sculpts for as many of the various ranges in the RBG product line as funding will allow. To begin I have sculpted a wide selection of new figures which are nearly ready to go into production as of the launch of this kickstarter. These figures include;

NJORN............................................. ....

TRADKARL THE WANDERER .................................................. ..............

ULLR THE RED............................................... ...........................................

HAWKEYED ARVID............................................. .....................................

EGILHARD THE PEACEMAKER........................................ ......................

DAGMAR OF THE SHIELD............................................ .............................

AENGLISH.......................................... .................................................. ......

STRETCH GOAL #1 $7000.00.......................................... ......................

Once funding reaches $7000.00 Harald of Guilling will unlock as a selectable character option for $8.00 ( $10.00 RRP ). He will be a single piece casting in high quality, lead free, white metal and will be supplied with 1 25 mm round plastic base

HARALD OF GUILLING.......................................... ...............................

STRETCH GOAL # 2 $9,000.00......................................... ......................

Once funding reaches $9,00.00 Oswalt of SwithingKeep will unlock as a selectable character option for $8.00 ( $10.00 RRP ). He will be a single piece casting in high quality, lead free, white metal and will be supplied with 1 25 mm round plastic base

OSWALT OF SWITHINGKEEP...................................... ..........................

STRETCH GOAL # 3 $ 11,000.00......................................... ...................

Once funding reaches $11,000.00 Lord Edgar Chalmsfhord of Swithing Keep will unlock as a selectable character option $8.00 ( $10.00 RRP ).. He will be a single piece casting in high quality, lead free, white metal and will be supplied with 1 25 mm round plastic base

LORD EDGAR CHALMSFHORD OF SWITHINGKEEP...........................

STRETCH GOAL # 4 $13,000.00........................................ .....................

INGVAR THE BRASH Njorning Hirdman

Once funding reaches $13,000.00 Ingvar will unlock as a selectable character option $8.00 ( $10.00 RRP ). He will be a single piece casting in high quality, lead free, white metal and will be supplied with 1 25 mm round plastic base.

These figures are intended to be the launching point for this campaign. I have several others underway at various stages of completion which will be offered as rewards as funding allows. These pieces include 2 more Aenglish men at arms, one with a two handed sword and one with sword and shield, a few new halflings ( 2 fighters, a ranger, a thief, and bard / mage ), a few new Dvergr ( two rangers, a thief, and a priest / elder ), and a new group of Elves ( not exactly decided ) and ideas for many many more. I am capable of sculpting one full figure a day when I am " on my game ", and that is exactly where I intend to be during the span of this effort so stay tuned for more awesome stuff!

I am REALLY very excited about this campaign and chewing the edge my my shield to get back into the battle! I am a mad berserker miniature sculptor waiting for the hordes to cheer me on!

PRODUCTION........................................ .................................................. ...
    I work with multiple contractors for my moldmaking and casting needs so I am confident that even if I fund upwards of 30 figures I can deliver the rewards in total by January, with Delivery in December being the ideal goal. To do this i will be splitting the work between 3 contractors as the number of figures funded mounts. If the number goes over 32 figures then delivery will slip into February / March.

MATERIALS......................................... .................................................. .......
    All Red Box Games figures are cast in high quality white metal ( well, occasionally I produce a few figures in resin when neccessary. ) by well established and time tested professionals. There is no bait and switch here. What you see is what you get. There is no loss of detail, no flattened sculptures. No " unreadable " details. I work very hard to insure that my sculptures work well for the production methods used and that the people with whom I work are very good at what they do. My figures are all lovingly hand sculpted and molded and cast right here in the United States or in the UK.

Thus far in my recent kickstarters my production partners have come through at every turn with excellent results. I am very proud to work with them and honoured by their service to me and to you in turn. Thank you Valiant Enterprises ( who has handled my past two kickstarters exclusively ) , Omar's Workshop, Majestic Moldmaking Company, and Griffin Moulds ltd.

ADD-ONS............................................... .................................................. ...

Backers can add on to their existing pledges by managing the dollar value of their pledge upward according to the number of figures desired and the amount needed to cover the costs of those selections. Backers are free to add as many add-ons to their pledge as they wish.

SHIPPING.......................................... .................................................. .........

Shipping costs are included in the pledges covering the rewards listed in the pledge itself. Additional shipping costs may be incurred as packages are added on to with unlocks. If additional postage is required the amount will be assessed and invoiced to you at such time as your package is ready to ship. Once that extra postage is paid your package will be shipped immediately! :)

GAME RULES............................................. ..................................................

I get this question very often and I can say that now yes the rules are officially underway. My aim is to make a hybrid dungeon crawler - adventure RPG / skirmish game that recalls the spirit of old school role playing games with efficient intuitive rules for resolving combat, movement, enviornmental and character interactions. To this end I have recruited the services of a tested professional to take my initial ideas and turn them in to a real, working, well written, and slepl chekced game. This is still an early work in progress but it is underway. Eventually, sometime in 2015 I will run a strictly focused kickstarter to fund the printing of the book once all of the assets are in place. So if having a game to use with your RBG minis has held you back in the past then rest assured I am correcting that gap as this campaign funds.
    Minis finished all time: 49
    2014 Tally: 26

Current WIP's: The Companions of the Hall - A Diorama
    Most recent Display Cabinet piece: Alfred Redlute (Gendrick the Bard)

Two stretch goals down!

Sitting at about $10k right now and Tre is going to rearrange the stretch goals a bit more to put all the Aenglish together to form a unit.

I'm going to put Ingvar the Brash behind the other two Aenglish men at arms needed to complete the five man set. This will allow me to create a pledge level specifically for the Aenglish men at arms as well as a pledge for the Njorn and Aenglish sets together. I think that this will help to attract new backers and to encourage pledge ups as well.
    So many great figures coming up that he's teased, can't wait to see all of them.

Comment

Update!

Update # 4 New WIPs! Halfling fighter 1 and 2 and Elf Fighter 1....also new stretch goal order.

Hey everybody!

Wow you guys have been great thus far! We have already funded the initial offering AND funded two more stretch goal figures and now we are rapidly closing in on the 3rd stretch goal figure.

For those of you who have not been watching the comments section, I have been thinking over rearranging the stretch goals so as to provide for a new pledge level which will offer a set of 5 Aenglish men at arms. We will still have to fund there other two after the first three have funded but I think that this will help to move the project along much faster.

Further I plan to make several themed sets of five figures each, or maybe 6 or 7 depending on the figure size to keep the dollar values level. I am hoping that this will make the campaign easier for me to fulfill and easier for the backers to understand.

So I want to switch out the Ingvar figure for the fourth Aenglish man at arms ( as yet unnamed ) and then follow that with the 5th Aenglish man at arms thus completing the set of five. Once the Aenglish set of five is funded then I will re introduce Ingvar as an add-on figure stretch goal. After Ingvar? Perhaps the Halflings? Maybe the Elves or the still in planning Brigands?

So to smooth over any bruised expectations I am going to call the 3rd Aenglish Man at Arms funded and the 4th will be funded at $11,500.00 and the fifth and final Aenglish man at Arms funded at $13,000.00.

Anyway here are a few high resolution pics of the initial offering as well as pics of the new Aenglish Men At Arms WIPs, the Elf Fighter WIP and two of the Halfling fighter WIPs. I hope you guys like them and as always your opinion and feedback is highly valued.

Cheers,
      Tre'

Hawkeyed Arvid

Egilhard the Peacemaker

Tradkarl

Ullr the Red

Man at Arms #4

Man at Arms #5

Elf Fighter WIP 1

Halfling Fighter #1

Halfling Fighter #2

Also the visored version of the first Aenglish Man at arms!!

Comment

The Aenglish ones look, in particular, awesome (still a bit too much of the "Tre-Manor-wide-stance" though, every single miniature has it!). I'd totally buy them if they were ever to be offered in resin. :)
        http://corvuscoraxminiatures.blogspot.se/

Comment

grefven they are awesome in metal mate!

love the visored guy too
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I know. I've got lots of them in metal since before, but I've switched over to resin, so that is the only material I am buying these days. :)
            http://corvuscoraxminiatures.blogspot.se/

Comment

Tre's figures have so much personality and great tiny details to them, he's one of my favorite sculptors out there.

Comment

Update # 9 Brigands are unlocked, Crossbow Fem Unlocked, and Ingvar Unlocked

Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to post everybody to be aware that I have decided to take a bit of a calculated gamble on unlocking all of the shown Brigands as reward selections. Also I have decided to unlock the Crossbow Fem ( Red Meghan ) and Ingvar the Brash as reward selections as well.

Each of the five Brigands is available as an $8 add-on as well as all together as a themed set of five. Ingvar and Red Meghan are only available as $8.00 add-ons. I am still working on more figures everyday but I am taking a wait and see approach to what will be added in to the campaign going forward. It mostly depends upon your demand and the course of funding going forward.

I will also be creating a new set of pledges to reflect the addition of the brigands to the campaign.

Cheers everybody!
                Tre'

Anyway here are the Melee Brigands thus far.

And the crossbow fem fighter, Red Meghan!

Ingvar the Brash

Here's a quick breakdown that I whipped up for this.

So far:

Pledge Level Amount Figures Included
                Njorn (5) - $ 40.00
                Tradkarl, Ullr, Arvid, Egilhard, and Dagmar (shipping not included in this total, see below for shipping costs)

Aenglish (5) - $ 40.00
                Harald, Oswalt, Lord Edgar, 2 nameless (shipping not included in this total, see below for shipping costs)

Melee Brigands (5) - $ 40.00
                Burt, Jack, Dirk, Jim, and Seamus (shipping not included in this total, see below for shipping costs)

Njorn/Aenglish - $ 80.00
                5 Njorn and 5 Aenglish (shipping not included in this total, see below for shipping costs)

Njorn/Aenglish/Brigands - $ 120.00
                5 Njorn, 5 Aenglish, and 5 Melee Brigands (shipping not included in this total, see below for shipping costs).

Add-ons Amount
                Ingvar the Brash $ 8.00
                Red Meghan $ 8.00

Total Figures Amount
                17 $ 136.00

Shipping:
                USA - $5.00
                ROW - $15.00

Totals w/ shipping for ALL figures are:
                USA $141.00
                ROW $151.00

GROUP PHOTO!
                RBG Figures - Group.jpg
                Last edited by ub3r_n3rd; 29-10-2014, 05:52 pm.

Comment

great set
                  Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Just updated my post above for a "Group Photo" at the request of one of the other backers.

Comment

Update #10

Oct 29 2014

Update # 10 Bad Betty WIP

I will try to post at least 1 new WIP per day. Pictured here is Bad Betty, she will be added as a reward selection at $19,500.00.

Up next? Betty's beau.

Hope you guys like her!

Cheers,
                      Tre'

Comment

I dont think I would want to nick her hot pot
                        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by Darklord View Post
                          I dont think I would want to nick her hot pot
                          HAHA! Me either!

Comment

Bad Betty has been unlocked, Tre is working on a Brute half-orc and a Witch. He expects to have the pics of the finished Brute and WIP of the witch up today sometime.

Comment

Update #11

Nov 3 2014

Update # 11 Brigand Brute, Crossbowman, and long bowman.

Hey everybody!

Well now that Bad Betty has made funding we now set our sights to new items. First however I am first asking your preference as to which of these figures you would like to fund first. I will have to make at least $2000.00 between each figure to afford to expand the offering for this KS any further. So here I have the next three which I would like to offer.

The Brute is already finished and the brigand with crossbow is not far off being finished. I just need to finish up the crossbow and put the cloak on him. The longbow-man himself is not far off being done either despite appearances.

So, what shall be the funding order of these three? To vote simply enter a comment to this update listing the name of these three figures in the order you would like to see them finished. I will tally the votes and that will decide the next funding goal.

For example;
                              1. Brute
                              2. Longbowman
                              3. Crossbowman

Cheers,
                              Tre'

Brute (Half-Orc).............................................. .................................................. ..........................................

Crossbowman....................................... .................................................. ..........................................

Longbowman........................................ .................................................. ...........................................

Comment

Working...
                              X