Artemis Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artemis Black

Yep, Salute's round the corner so Arty's open (sounds like it might be permanent this time)

http://www.artemisblacks.com/index.shtml

Originally posted by Arty on TGN
    It would be a full-on grand re-opening except it’s taken about 2 months and about 3 dozen screw-ups to get to the opening part and we’re heading straight into the biggest show of the year so undoubtedly it’s going to be a big old mess :)

Yes we’re back, again. Over the years the more astute observer (that is, anyone with eyes) will have noticed we’ve closed for various amounts of time at seemingly a moment’s notice. This newest closure has been almost a year.

During the years I’ve seen a lot of speculation on forums and the like about why that is, most guessing that I had another job or was in some way a serial offender in and out of prison. I’m hoping the latter was in jest.

The truth is I did have another responsibility but it was a person not a job. Last year that person passed away and I did not take it well, hence the longest closure to date.

As the cliche goes, time heals all wounds – or at least makes them a little easier to bear – so we’re open again. I can’t quite bring myself to say the words ‘silver lining’ and mean them but with no outside responsibilities there should be no more closures.

By the time this ad goes live everything should be up and running on the old site (Work is well underway on a new and slightly more modern site). We have all of our old lines, including a few that have closed up shop during our closures so lots of suddenly OOP minis there. We’ve also jumped right back in and added a bunch of new lines right off the bat so please take a new look at the old place.

Artemis
    Some older stuff (as well new stock) on his site - finally got me a Eolith Frankie
    Oooh. That's a BINGO!
    This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Bets of luck to Arty. Hope things go well for him. He's a Wamper so support him if you can guys
    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Nice to see him back again, hope he has the Dragonblood minis at Salute as he has a few of the line I want to pick up now they are dying off.

Comment

Originally posted by Darklord View Post
        Bets of luck to Arty. Hope things go well for him. He's a Wamper so support him if you can guys
        Support given, some great little minis on there.

Originally posted by Captain Sprout
        hope he has the Dragonblood minis at Salute
        I seem to remember another WAMPer who was after a Dragonblood piece, I'll give him a nudge.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
        Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulfgrimr View Post
          Support given, some great little minis on there.

I seem to remember another WAMPer who was after a Dragonblood piece, I'll give him a nudge.
          Yeah I got the nudge, nearly knocked me off my chair

Can't remember the company you pointed me to Bill but I got what I wanted and they did a good service as well, casting of the piece was good as well, it's nice to see some of the stuff coming back in a s they were very good pieces.

Arty is up the road in the Valley's so I never used to venture up there for a few reasons but did use his web service a few times
          "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

Originally posted by War Griffon View Post
            Yeah I got the nudge, nearly knocked me off my chair
            Hope you didn't spill anything

Can't remember the company you pointed me to Bill but I got what I wanted and they did a good service as well, casting of the piece was good as well, it's nice to see some of the stuff coming back in a s they were very good pieces.
            Glad to hear you're sorted.

up the road in the Valley's so I never used to venture up there for a few reasons
            Aye, can be a scary place .

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
            Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Thanks people, appreciate the welcome back.

Dragonblood has been sent from the states over a week ago, so anything we don't have I'm hoping arrives before the show. If not it'll arrive soon enough. We're also going to get in touch with Dark Sword to get in the few Dragonblood pieces they bought (and probably start stocking Dark Sword itself while we're at it)

Some of the OOP stuff is flying out and might not even make Salute. The last one of 2 codes have gone to 2 of the people in this thread actually :)
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that Darksword postage has always been a bone of contention for me when ordering direct from them.
                "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

So much old stuff! Hope, Eolith still will be in stock, two weeks to receive the card...
                  Nothing is impossible
                  Nothing is unreachable

Comment

Great to see you back Arty

Comment

Yaaay! Arty's back
                      "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
                      "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
                      "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
                      "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
                      "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
                      "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Comment

Working...
                      X