[Predastore October '12] Austral Predator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Predastore October '12] Austral Predator

Hey guys, thought you might like to check out this one I did last month - it's for the 'Predastore' range of 28mm predator figures (though this guy is actually 34mm - predators being significantly taller than humans).

It's been dubbed the 'Austral Predator' for reasons which should be pretty obvious if you know where I'm from!

Pretty cool to work with such a famous subject...gotta love the classic Arnie movie! I had a bit of freedom with the sculpt: I was given the general idea of pose and basic equipment, but then left to my own devices for most of the design.

Personally I hate the 'foot on a rock' think like that, especially when it has to be a weird shape as a 'cast figure' and also restricted with packing dimensions in mind. If I was to paint one of these I'd probably remove that rock from under his right foot, and put in something else...maybe have him on a tree branch? Or even some kind of rocky cliff thing with a better shape. But there you go! It's a separate piece, anyway ;)

As I said: 34mm, and sculpted mostly with super sculpey firm, with some epoxy (procreate/milliput) for a few details.

Twisted: 32mm Steampunk Skirmish Game!

nice as always Seb, I too dont like the rock, mainly because its angled the same as the pred so it looks like they are doing the star trek lean! Sculpt itself is great though bud
    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Great job, Sebastian :)
      I, for one, really like the posture & proportions of your pred (or "Yautja", as they now call them).
      The net on the torso must have been a plague to sculpt, yes ?

Comment

actually if its an aussie and that tall is it Brett Lee under that mask?
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Awesome. :p
          http://corvuscoraxminiatures.blogspot.se/

Comment

That's a lovely Predator.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, guys! :)

Originally posted by Darklord View Post
              actually if its an aussie and that tall is it Brett Lee under that mask?

Twisted: 32mm Steampunk Skirmish Game!

Comment

Working...
              X