Front Rank v Ebor WSS comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Rank v Ebor WSS comparisons

Probably not of interest to most on here, but just in case ...

I've done a comparison photo between the stunningly good Ebor & the established (but still good) Front Rank figures for the War of the Spanish Succession

Oooh. That's a BINGO!
    This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Always good to see comparison shots.
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

love front rank good coverage of all ranges, while the figures are a little chunky for some tastes (I feel they model them on me). The Front rank 40mm stuff is to die for
      Peace James
      https://www.facebook.com/exilespainting/
      https://www.instagram.com/exilespainting/

Comment

Originally posted by exilesjjb View Post
        love front rank good coverage of all ranges, while the figures are a little chunky for some tastes (I feel they model them on me).
        You phat barstud. :cheeky:

Havent seen their 40's yet might pick up a handful with the next order, 40mm is starting to mark out a bit of a niche. Have you been painting any James? I see Sash and Sabre, Perry's and the lovely (the pics anyway) Gringo's Plus other are starting to bob up on the forums and blogs.

They look nice Vern, a little shorter and considerably slimmer than the Front Rank, level of detail seems about the same. Have you seen Minden Miniatures (WAS & SYW) figures? Nicely proportion and the cavalry are superb.
        Wohohohohohoho!
        What do you mean wohohohohohoho?
        You've just eaten the most acid I ever seen anybody eat man!
        Paint Pig-my wargames blog
        three lil pigs painting-my painting blog

Comment

I haven't got any Minden (yet!), as 7YW was one of my period back in the day, and if I start ... do like Richard Ansell's sculpting style though.
          I'm mainly concentrating on Ebor's for WSS, & Barry Hylton's League of Augsburg for earlier.

I've got a couple of Gringo's 40mm, they're very nice - not sure I'd want to game in that size though (although local gamer Andy Copestake (of Old Glory UK), is big on gaming that scale)
          Oooh. That's a BINGO!
          This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Comment

Working...
          X