50+ Year Old Mini Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50+ Year Old Mini Tutorials

Ran across this site recently. Even though it was written in the 50's, a lot of the information is still pretty good. It's amazing how much materials and material technology has changed. Imagine making clothing for your mini's with the metal from old toothpaste tubes
    Last edited by frogimus; 08-10-2010, 09:01 am.
    sigpic

Current WIPs: 134 Undead (Mantic) + 46 Elves (Mantic) **the last plastic minis I plan to ever do**
    Next WIP: Infinity Bakunin

That was an old AFV trick for doing damage to track guards etc, just cut the section away and replace with tin foil same as melting plastic sprue and stretching it to make whip aerials
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

They also made excellent banners/flags for wargaming.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
      Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Hmm, I get a "forbidden" message from that link.
        The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

wow, I do too unless I actually enter the url in the address bar. That's odd
          sigpic

Current WIPs: 134 Undead (Mantic) + 46 Elves (Mantic) **the last plastic minis I plan to ever do**
          Next WIP: Infinity Bakunin

Comment

Very odd indeed, but now I've done that it works. Thanks.
            The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

Some interesting stuff there, although I'll have to dig through it more thoroughly when I have more time.
              To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

Working...
              X