Homemade Paint Shaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Paint Shaker

I was looking for a paint shaker and got this in yahoo search. I might give this a try since I have a couple of different sized scroll saws.

http://airfieldmodels.com/informatio...aker/index.htm
    sigpic

Current WIPs: 134 Undead (Mantic) + 46 Elves (Mantic) **the last plastic minis I plan to ever do**
    Next WIP: Infinity Bakunin

That's interesting. Getting all MacGyver-ish; cool. Thanks for passing it along!

Don't have a scroll saw myself, but I do have a back massager thing; makes me wonder how well that might work.
    To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

It seem a bit hardcore for a pot of vallejo.

Comment

Originally posted by shanerozzell View Post
        It seem a bit hardcore for a pot of vallejo.
        Thats what I was thinking, I'll stick to shaking my paint pots by hand I need the exercise and I'm not that lazy yet
        "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

I found a used laboratory mixer on ebay for 15... shakes paint .very. well, including nightmare paints like the P3 golds. I keep it down at the FLGS so anyone needing a reaaaallly good mix can use it, since it's not something you need everyday.
          "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
          Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kdlynch View Post
            I found a used laboratory mixer on ebay for 15... shakes paint .very. well, including nightmare paints like the P3 golds.
            I know a couple of people that have a mixer/shaker like that; claims that it does a fantastic job, especially on older paints.

And really, this degree of mixing/shaking is probably only needed on paints that have been sitting quite some time.
            To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

Cool project but Donna has one of these http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...?ProdID=ROB411 . Works really well. She has issues with strength in her hands so it's a must. And ask Leopardpixie. It's fun!
              Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Originally posted by lizcam View Post
                Cool project but Donna has one of these http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...?ProdID=ROB411 . Works really well. She has issues with strength in her hands so it's a must. And ask Leopardpixie. It's fun!
                :02::08:

Comment

Working...
                X