matty1001's Hair colour swatches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matty1001's Hair colour swatches

As it appear the original link is dead, I've copied what I could find here (hope Matty doesn't mind)

Here is a range of hair swatches I have created for painters to reference whilst painting different shades of hair.
    All the photos have been paid for by me, so I own the royaltys. Feel free to download them, but do not use them for financial gain (this is just to cover my back.)
    Red

Dark ginger

Light ginger

Light brown

Dark brown

Blond

Light blond

Black

Grey
    Oooh. That's a BINGO!
    This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Very cool; thanks!
    To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

what colours do I used for baldys :)
      Peace James
      https://www.facebook.com/exilespainting/
      https://www.instagram.com/exilespainting/

Comment

Awesome! TY Vern! Loved that link...
        "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
        -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Excellent Vern Thanks!
          If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research.
          A. Einstein

The speed of light was supposed to be an absolute limit, like the age of consent, not a guideline, like the drinking age.
          A. Petri

Miniature Defacement

Comment

I was looking for that just the other day...

Comment

Seen it before but didn't bookmark it. Great reference, thanks for the linkage.

Comment

just for men!!
                nice job Vern thanks
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

How did I miss this thread? Excellent and useful post.
                  http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/.../ST_banner.gif

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck

Comment

Great reference - could I be really cheeky and ask someone to write down the colours? I'm struggling to see them properly

Comment

Wow, this is an amazing reference! Thanks so much for re-posting this, I'm definitely going to bookmark it! Very useful!!! :)
                      "Have i gone 'round the bend?"
                      "Yes, you are mad. Completely bonkers. But here's a secret... the best of us are."
                      -Alice in Wonderland

Proud member of Fredericksburg, VA Game Vault Painters and W.A.S
                      Whimsical Miniatures Site and My Blog

Comment

Tux, have you tried colorcop? A handy little tool that allows you to sample colours from an image and gives you the RGB numbers and the colour reference which you can then use to recreate the colour on screen or within another application or use to compare with manufacturers charts.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
                        Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

ooo now I haven't - use linux, but I think GiMP has a similar feature - thanks Ulfgrimr

Comment

Working...
                          X