Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are manufactures slow to ship products out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are manufactures slow to ship products out?

Hi All,

I just wanted to gripe about some of my orders with mini manufatcures to get some feedback form you guys.

Has anyone had luck with ordering from Raging Heroes? I ordered the Lamassu/Manticore 1 1/2 months ago when both versions were instock and I called them today to find out the status and they replied that there ordering department is on holiday till Monday. What, do the French take a month and a half vaction or something in March/April?

I also had problems with orders from Forgeworld and GW in the US. I cancelled my Forgeworld order after they had insisted my order will be ship, well after 3 months I cancelled. For GW in the US, they lost my foregworld book order too.:rage:

Don't get me started with Evil-bay as they are worse....

Just wanted to share and hear your gipes on the subject.

I think a few people reported issues with Raging heroes fufilling orders. I recall Undave posting about it.

Some companies seem to ship really quickly, others are deadly slow.

I do find a couple of the French / Spanish ones take a while but as they are tiny companies I suspect a lot of the time they are either casting to order or busy with the real world. As you rightly say though that doesn't stop it being a bit annoying. I don't mind as much if they let you know there is a problem and keep you in the loop ...I got a nice email from Sphere Wars when my order was on the way.

There is no excuse for a company like FW or GW to ship slowly though, given it is what they are doing for a living.

I find in the main however that companies are pretty good on sending orders, there are a few horror stories and I tend to wait for people like El Greco or Steve Kirtley to stock them as they are always lightning quick. Ebay wise its usually fine I had someone send me an item before I paid for it recently which is madness!

Comment

I've had issues with CMON shop,
      Skullcrafts is taking a lot of fire right now,
      but otherwise I've had pretty good luck.

Sometimes you just gotta stay on top of them and bug them, not how I like to be.

Comment

I've found most companies are pretty swift with delivery, Northstar were one of the quickest I've used - 2 days to my doorstep. As CS said some companies will cast to order, I had an order with Black Hat Miniatures take just over two weeks but they made it very clear when ordering that it would be so and they kept me up to speed with e-mails and great customer service. I feel your pain though, a month and a half is a bit long

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Captain Sprout: I also have an order with Sphere Wars for the Hombre de Torro figure I ordered in March and waiting for that to come in. I can only hope it arrives soon.

NeatPete: I've also had problems with CMON shop and on there ebay store too, but Chern seems to fix problems, So I got a refund on a partial order and still waiting on some figs and the new Annual to come in some day.

Knott47: I hear you on the cast to custom order bit, but waiting 3 months is crazy and then have to wait for Paypal to refund is even longer sometimes too.

A lot of the companies seem to blame the US homeland security issue on why packages don't arrive on specified time. Try telling that to evil-bay or paypal as they take 3 months or more to refund on problems as such. I think the US postal service has also dropped in shipping packages around as they now only put out packages in 2 days out of a week in my area. I don't know how companies can stay in business with shipping issues like that.

Comment

Originally posted by LOBO View Post
            NeatPete: I've also had problems with CMON shop and on there ebay store too, but Chern seems to fix problems, So I got a refund on a partial order and still waiting on some figs and the new Annual to come in some day. .
            Same here, i am in hong kong. Usually CMON is VERY fast with the delivery, I used to get things from them within a week or so, now it became 2+ week ....
            my blog
            http://51-cent.blogspot.hk/

FB Page
            https://www.facebook.com/ipaintiam

Comment

I ordered from them, I got the usual excuses of casting etc and in the end cancelled the order and got my money back, I would never order from them again.

They were supposed to be at Salute last weekend but I didn't see them there.

Some companies can take a few days to get the order out but at least you are kept informed, with Raging Heroes the stuff was supposed to be in stock when I ordered and then 4 weeks later I get an e-mail to say they are still waiting for stock...not a good business plan at all (presuming they have one).
              "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

Hi all, just wanted to add a company to the black list. Ordered some stuff from Armorcast in February and it was not shipped until a few days ago! And that was not until after I filed a complaint with paypal where I stated I wanted to cancel the order. They never responded on email on my requests for order updates. It will probably be yet another 3 weeks before the package arrives. I will for sure never order anything from them again.

Comment

You guys should put you comments in the Manufacturers Links Directory under each company so people using them have an idea of what service to expect. Hopefully some of them will take notice and try to fix problems. Don't forget to give a good response if you get a good service.

Comment

I pre-ordered the first set Raging Heroes produced and there were several delays which kept pushing the release back caused by teething troubles getting the company off the ground. They did keep me informed about what was going on most of the time and they also had one of the minis shipped to me direct from the caster ahead of the queue which was pretty good of them. I wouldn't have a problem ordering from them again but I think their main problem seems to be overstretching themselves and wishful thinking regarding release dates.

The worst company I've encountered for delivery issues is Black Tree, they are notoriously random when it comes to shipping times. Sometimes orders are pretty prompt but mostly you're looking at taking months instead of weeks.

Ramshackle are one of the best I've come across, I ordered something at about 3:00 one afternoon and it arrived the next day. I'm not quite sure how they managed that...
                    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
                    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
                    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
                    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
                    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
                    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Comment

Glade to know it's not me alone with these issues regard Raging Heroes.

Originally posted by Undave View Post
                      The worst company I've encountered for delivery issues is Black Tree, they are notoriously random when it comes to shipping times. Sometimes orders are pretty prompt but mostly you're looking at taking months instead of weeks.
                      Oh, don't get me started on Blacktree, Brigade Games, or Old Glory. When I use to order WWI/WWII figs from them the packages "vanished into the warp".

Originally posted by Undave View Post
                      Ramshackle are one of the best I've come across, I ordered something at about 3:00 one afternoon and it arrived the next day. I'm not quite sure how they managed that...
                      I had the reversed experience with them and my package came in with 5 of 1 mini that I ordered 1 of and all the rest of the minis I ordered never came in and they never resovled that. They are beyond black on my black list.

From the responses I guess it's safe to say if your in the UK it seems US orders are a problem and if your in the US it's the reverse. The sad part is if there is problems with the manufactures orders your obligated to purchase from a distributor or evil-bay and those are other sets of problems.

Dealing with paypal and evilbay on issues is a nightmare and it seems that they have monkeys working in their server room and evil-bays server seems to data dump every 1-2 months. Nothing like getting notified that you haven't paid for an item on evil-bay from an auction 3 months prior that you have already received in mail and the seller says it has already has been paid for and left positive feeedback and paypal shows the item was paid and cleared. The sad part is that Paypal and Evil-bay are owned by the same person so why is it that their systems don't work correlated? The end result is when evil-bay gives you an unpaid item strike on that mess and then the system does not let you bid on another auction because of it and with a few unpaid item strikes they close your account. Talk about bad business practice closing accounts that have 100% feed back, Evil-bay and paypal both monopolise their respected industries and that is a crime in the US, I wish the higher powers take notice to this and rectify that one.

Just my over response to the issue.....
                      Last edited by LOBO; 20-04-2011, 02:27 pm.

Comment

I want to take a moment and recognize Reaper and Red Box Games, for always getting me my orders on time and with the right minis present. I had an issue with a RBG order that Tre included one too many minis and contacted him and he told me to just keep it and give it as a gift to someone. With all the complaints it is nice to see those who do a good job, at least from my perspective.
                        http://southern-fried-miniatures.webs.com/ - My website.

Comment

Originally posted by LOBO View Post
                          Thanks for the responses.

Captain Sprout: I also have an order with Sphere Wars for the Hombre de Torro figure I ordered in March and waiting for that to come in. I can only hope it arrives soon.
                          Hope it does too, it was that one I had bought (plus one other to get free shipping, ironically it was either pay the shipping or buy a model) and its really nice (quite a bit of clean up to do though, moulding plugs etc) and well worth buying.

Nice to see some props for good companies too..I've had less issues than I have good service myself.

Comment

I fell victim to the Raging heros site .... quite a few months wait and chasing them for some dodgey quality miniatures... vowed never to buy from them again and stay away from computer rendered miniatures unless i see them in the flesh first.

Comment

Last update: called Raging Heros on Monday and they said they would check on the order and get back to me, it's Wednesday now......

Comment

Working...
                              X