"Fur" tool from Microart Studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fur" tool from Microart Studios

So, having seen the new tool that is going to come out from Microart studios, and knowing for a fact that I am going to be doing a lot of fur in the future (space wolves) I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to test this thing out yet, I know it's not in production yet but sometimes you can find people who have pre-tested a product, and also I wanted to ask other's opinions anyway.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

fur tool?
    http://southern-fried-miniatures.webs.com/ - My website.

Comment

Do you mean this?

Just looks like a press mould, good idea tho:)

Comment

Yeah press mould - make your own - cheaper!
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by shanerozzell View Post
          Do you mean this?

Just looks like a press mould, good idea tho:)
          Yes, that's it.

Darklord, how much do you think this is going to be? I can't find one anywhere, and how would I go about making my own press mould? Wouldn't I still have to be able to do fur well enough on my own anyway?
          The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .

Comment

Originally posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
            Yes, that's it.

Darklord, how much do you think this is going to be? I can't find one anywhere, and how would I go about making my own press mould? Wouldn't I still have to be able to do fur well enough on my own anyway?
            Not necessarily. All you do is find a model that has fur on it like one of the new GW plastic boars and press it into some greenstuff (make sure to cover the GS with something to stop it sticking, Vaseline is good.) That should create something like a negative of the greenstuff in the picture, the same as the blue rubber thing. After that you can use it in exactly the same way as you would the fur tool.
            "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
            "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
            "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
            "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
            "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
            "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Comment

I like the idear of it. I might pick one up some time. It's awesome for people like me who are ass-awful at scuplting but want to customise stuff. Hope they come up with more ideas like this!
              "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
              -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Originally posted by Undave View Post
                Not necessarily. All you do is find a model that has fur on it like one of the new GW plastic boars and press it into some greenstuff (make sure to cover the GS with something to stop it sticking, Vaseline is good.) That should create something like a negative of the greenstuff in the picture, the same as the blue rubber thing. After that you can use it in exactly the same way as you would the fur tool.
                Darn you people being smarter than me! :P

Comment

Working...
                X