Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confrontation MidNor Dwarves

Hi Guys

I am looking for a couple of the midnor dwarves after seeing Avicenna's on the stand at BC and wondered if any one had a couple spare that I could purchase at a reasonable price, I know some shops have them in Europe but the shippings costs put me off, I don't want a large order again so soon after the last one :(

Ideally I am after this box or a couple out of it

Or this

But on the whole any of the gribbler type dwarves would be great,

Drop me a PM if you have some I can steal away from you

Thanks

Robin
    http://www.tbforum.co.uk

Might be worth dropping Jim or Paul at Patriot Games a shout, Robin - they still have some Conf bits in, both original condition and second-hand. I think Wargames Emporium might have some bits left, too.
    My blog: The Renaissance Gamer - Last updated: 28/07/2011 - Why does he game? (Guest blog by Keeper)

Irregular Miniature Paintfest 2011 - Sunday 17th July

The other editor of Irregular

Winner -
    WAMPed! Most entries

Dysartes' WIPs - 2011 Edition | Dysartes' Completed Work - 2011 Edition

Comment

HI

Gave them a ring, nothing at patriot thanks for the idea though, I d already asked at War games Emporium

I shall keep looking and hoping

Robin
      http://www.tbforum.co.uk

Comment

There was a thread on Cool mini about rackham stuff being cast in China. I think they're knock-off's but with Rackham folding..... might be the only option soon. If you do get a good source let me know please.

Comment

I'll see if I have any duplicates, I have to look for a minotaur too!

Ludiks still have a lot of them and although shipping is a tad steep the discounts are good and the service (embarrassingly I bought loads they do discounts once you spend enough, shriek) is excellent.

They bought all the old stock of metals including the spare parts and the paint and there are quite a few left and they are a couple of quid a piece now.

http://www.ludikbazar.com/

As you say the shipping is costly but if a couple of people want a few things maybe split an order? I might be tempted if there was an inclination to order a few things.

The other place I have got them from and they are genuine is this seller on Ebay.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Neutral-Zone

Ships from the states, genuine in box / blister and reliable and pretty good price wise and shipping isn't much in comparison to the European places.

Comment

@ CS : I have sorted out a minotaur with Angelicone as i did not see any follow up posts about it and was extremely keen to get my hands on one and knew he had a spare so i went ahead and grabbed one from him thank you though.
            However if you happen to come across a spare wolfen warg of the waning moon or a mid-nor cyclops i would be most interested as i am on the lookout for either of them also.

thread-jack over !
            "Painting is so poetic, while sculpture is more logical and scientific and makes you worry about gravity" - Damien Hirst

Comment

Sorry Simon, I was hunting for it, I should have followed up, my apologies.

Comment

The Receivers will be selling off the rights to Rackham's extensive back-catalogue of metal miniatures (along with everything else). It seems, given Dust Tactics, that Fantasy Flight has already bought the rights to AT-43's game system as well as the moulding/painting technology (given the similarity of the new Dust miniatures to AT-43's range) and I wouldn't be surprised if they were to re-released AT-43 and Ragnarak in the not-too-distant future. Obviously, FFG doesn't do metal miniatures, but Cypher Studios were quick to snatch up the rights to Anima Tactics's metal minis and to the whole caboodle of Helldorado when Asmodee went under. I suggest keeping a close eye on Cypher as a probable buyer for the rights to Rackham's metal range and possibly the Confrontation game, too.

I did hear whispers of a caster in Poland having acquired the rights to part of the Confrontation range when Rackham first went into administration (and the Administrators decided that this whole "paint your own metal miniatures" thing was so last century and had to be got rid of! - berks), but I've not seen anything since.

R.

Comment

Originally posted by precinctomega View Post
                  I suggest keeping a close eye on Cypher as a probable buyer for the rights to Rackham's metal range and possibly the Confrontation game, too.

R.
                  Not going to happen - and yes I know for sure.
                  Throne of Angels My Blog

Comment

Reeeeaally? Interesting. I know Cypher has been struggling with the details of the rights for Helldorado. Is this a case of once bitten, twice shy? Or has their capital for new acquisitions dried up?

R.

Comment

I thought all the molds for the metals had been destroyed?
                      Oooh. That's a BINGO!
                      This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Comment

In my view we will never see the Rackham metal mini line produced again by anyone else.

There may be some moulds for the limited edition resin minis that will knock about but not the metal line.

When Ludiks acquired the range of cast but unsold minis they stated in an article on the site how they had got it and the moulds had been destroyed; they had no reason to lie about that as they sold everything off cheap, not as 'exclusive' never to be produced again minis for a large sum of money.

The IP is another matter.

Comment

The question I'd like an answer to is whether the masters - or original sculpts - still survive. If so, they may be able to resurrect the miniature line.

If not, then that is the most grievous crime against miniature painting I've heard of.
                          My blog: The Renaissance Gamer - Last updated: 28/07/2011 - Why does he game? (Guest blog by Keeper)

Irregular Miniature Paintfest 2011 - Sunday 17th July

The other editor of Irregular

Winner -
                          WAMPed! Most entries

Dysartes' WIPs - 2011 Edition | Dysartes' Completed Work - 2011 Edition

Comment

Originally posted by precinctomega View Post
                            Reeeeaally? Interesting. I know Cypher has been struggling with the details of the rights for Helldorado. Is this a case of once bitten, twice shy? Or has their capital for new acquisitions dried up?

R.
                            It's a matter of two things - man power and shipping costs - Cipher is a small studio that strives to produce quality products. There have been some hang-ups with the HD line, sure, but I can definitely say that they work tirelessly to make sure that their upcoming release is going to be done to the very best of their abilities. Taking time away to get involved with a Rackham buyout would cut into that I'm sure. And with knowing the logistics behind getting the molds from France to the US, lets just say that shipping the molds for the Rackham line would be upwards of 30-40K US - again just shipping costs. At last I was told, the Rackham molds were still around and had not yet been destroyed. I believe the rights tot he masters is part of what is in contention right now on the legal side of things from what I understand.
                            Throne of Angels My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by AngelicOne View Post
                              I was told, the Rackham molds were still around and had not yet been destroyed.
                              That's interesting - the destroyed bit was the original official line from Rackham, though suppose it does make a bit of sense with the LE resin pieces they had a go at

.... last I heard Reaper where interested in the range ...
                              Oooh. That's a BINGO!
                              This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Comment

Working...
                              X