Atlanta Model Figure Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Model Figure Show

The 34th annual Atlanta Model Figure Show will be held February 18-20, 2011 in Atlanta GA at the Atlanta Marriott Century Center. The show features figures and models from the genres of fantasy, garage kits, historical, minis, models, monsters, ordinance, super-hero - villian, sci-fi, etc.

The contest follows the open system meaning each indiviual entrant is entitled to medals for the their best pieces. Additional specialty awards are also given. Two major sponsors in Fantasy will be represented in Reaper and Games Workshop with nice specialty awards sponsored by them!

The show is actually two in one - AMPS Atlanta - will be hosting an armor contest and general admission is for both shows at the same time.

For additional information check out www.atlantafigures.com (note - fantasy awards have not yet been listed on the web site) or need questions answered, contact AtlantaShow@aol.com .

Sounds fun, but too far for me & :Wamp: btw
    Oooh. That's a BINGO!
    This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Comment

Likewise :Wamp: the show is out of my reach for next year but I have put this on the Calender
      "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

Thanks Vern and Griffin for the welcome and the response. Really excited about this year's show and there are already starting work on the show in 2012 - our 35th and will be an anniversary show! We have a great time at the show and you get to see some of the best figure painter's works in the country and the world. So make plans in the future to come be with us when you can. Hey Vern, Durham isn't all THAT far from Atlanta!

Comment

Atlanta in February?....hmmm....sounds like a good mini vacation (no pun intended)
          sigpic

Current WIPs: 134 Undead (Mantic) + 46 Elves (Mantic) **the last plastic minis I plan to ever do**
          Next WIP: Infinity Bakunin

Comment

good luck with your show agian a little far for me. Welcome to WaMP also hope you hang around a bit
            Peace James
            https://www.facebook.com/exilespainting/
            https://www.instagram.com/exilespainting/

Comment

Originally posted by frogimus View Post
              Atlanta in February?....hmmm....sounds like a good mini vacation (no pun intended)
              Absolutely! Love to see you there - even more so - why don't you bring a mini with you to enter! :grin

Comment

Originally posted by Wigdog View Post
                Absolutely! Love to see you there - even more so - why don't you bring a mini with you to enter! :grin
                you mean......I have to PAINT one? I just buy them and plan how I would paint them

Just kidding. I'm just getting back in the hobby so I'm still playing around with different techniques. Think I'm starting to find my groove with it tho. My Bayou Gremlins might be the ones I put real/complete paint job on and post up on here
                sigpic

Current WIPs: 134 Undead (Mantic) + 46 Elves (Mantic) **the last plastic minis I plan to ever do**
                Next WIP: Infinity Bakunin

Comment

Welcome to WAMP Wigdog.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
                  Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Welcome to WaMP and good luck and have fun with the show.
                    The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

Roger, Ulfgrimir, Exilesjjb, and Frogimus - Thanks for such a warm welcome to WAMP!

Comment

Working...
                      X