No announcement yet.

US Games Day 2011 and the host is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Games Day 2011 and the host is.....

At the close of this years Games Day came the anticipated announcement of 2011′s location….
    July 30th, 2011 • Chicago, IL
    It’s going to be a Games Workshop kind of town in Chicago. The North American Games Day will be held at the Donald Stephens Convention Center, July 30th, 2011 in Chicago, IL.
    Tickets are available on the web this Thanksgiving.
    Expect to see your favorite hobby passion contests return including Vehicle Conversion, Armies on Parade, Banner and Costume contests. Get started now on your Golden Demon miniature or Realm of Battle Board and join in the Games Day Battle cry, Waaaagh.
    Don’t miss what surprises are in store at this glorious celebration.

Peace James
    https://www.facebook.com/exilespainting/
    https://www.instagram.com/exilespainting/

Isn't World Expo around that date as well?
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

Chicago, hmmm? not sure if I'll be able to pull that one. Thanks for letting us know, exiles ^^
      "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
      Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, bit dense on my part I'm sure, but don't they have a whole bunch of GD shows in the US? Or am I thinking of something else?
        To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

none of the above. they used to have several a year, but apparently have cut back to one a year.
          sigpic

Comment

Ah, I see. Don't really keep up on GW stuff.

I know, probably get declared a heretic or something for that.

Comment

Heretic burn him:smoked:
              Peace James
              https://www.facebook.com/exilespainting/
              https://www.instagram.com/exilespainting/

Comment

I thought there were still a handful around the U.S.; Baltimore a couple of weeks ago?
                My CMON Gallery

EBAY!!

Comment

Hmmmm........a quandry has arisen. Roger is supposed to come back in February for 4 weeks. I can get great rates at a few hotels downtown in Chicago (work for a major hotel chain) and that would cut the cost of going there a great deal. If we wait untill July we could meet up in Chicago and go to the convention. But I'll have to wait untill July to see him. That's like FOREVER............what to do?
                  Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

@Liz: couldn't you do both? Meet in February and then again in July?

Comment

That all depends on $$. July is right smack dab in the middle of overtime season. I can bring home $1600.00 to $1700.00 every two weeks durring that time period (normally it's $700.00 to $800.00 after taxes and such). I need to keep that up to make sure my disability is high in Oct. when I get my other knee replaced and I need the $$ from the OT to buy furniture and a car that isn't from the dark ages. Roger's ticket's to LA and back are about $650.00 to $750.00 depending on time period. To get to and from Chicago will be about $300.00 per person. I'd want to take a couple of weeks off work to be with Roger.............not sure. I'll have to run it by him when he wakes up.
                      Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

@GreyHorde: yes, 2010 was in Baltimore. 2011 will be in the windy city. mayhaps 2012 in LA?
                        sigpic

Comment

WG - Xpo is end of August.
                          "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
                          I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

its ridiculous that north america only has one GD considering how many are in europe alone. Seems they must not be as popular over there. Still the easiest to win though :cheeky:
                            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I'd think about going to this if it wasn't so close to GenCon.

Comment

Working...
                              X