Hi everyone,

I'll be in Vancouver, CA in May to teach a 2 day class on miniature painting. Here is the link to my events page on my Facebook Fan Page.

The cost for the class is $205USD/person and it includes 16 hours of instruction over a 2 day period. It is on the weekend of the 10th and 11th of May. We will be holding it at the Eagles Club which seems to be a central location for most of the people already attending.

We currently have 9 signed up and I can take as many as 25 people for the class.

Please message me if you are interested in attending.

What is a Master Class?
It's a 2 day class, 8 hours of instruction each day, covering a wide variety of topics related to miniature painting.

Where are Master Classes held?
In YOUR community. I am willing to travel the world in order to bring my painting knowledge to your local gaming and painting community. I have already traveled to Washington, D.C., Toronto, New Zealand, Australia and many more upcoming trips are in the process of being scheduled.

How do I book a class for my area?
Send an email request to arcanepaintworks@gmail.com. Please include where you are located and if you have any other interested parties for the class as well as a point of contact within the community who can help me organize.

How many people do you need for a class?
I aim to have 15 people in the class at minimum and maximum of 25 people.

Where do you hold the classes?
I've held most of my classes at game stores local to the community I am teaching. It provides a central meeting space that the students are comfortable in and also helps keep the atmosphere less formal. However, if your local game store doesn't have the space, I have also taught at local colleges or at someone's house.

What topics are covered and what is the cost?
All of these classes are a 2 day format.
The cost of the classes will vary depending on location. Since I am willing to travel I need to make sure I charge enough to cover my travel costs.

What do I need to bring with me?
You can find the supply list here

Course Descriptions
Intensive Painting Course
This is my 2 Day Master Class that I have taught all over the world. In this class I provide one model to each student and provide demonstrations, discussion and one on one assistance to all students in the class. The topics covered in this class start with the basics and a lot of technique work.

This is a class I recommend to everyone regardless of painting level and knowledge. I've had people in this class who've never painted a mini before and people who've won Golden Demon's. Everyone learns something new!

Topics include (but are not limited to):

• Model cleaning, assembly and preparation.
  • Priming including when to use white primer, grey primer, black primer and Zenithal Priming.
  • Basecoating
  • 2 Brush Blending
  • Glazing and Layering
  • Painting eyes, faces and hair
  • Painting skin tones and how to devise skintone recipes
  • Color theory discussion occurs throughout the class at a superficial level to explain why I am choosing to mix certain colors together.
  • Glow effects using both day glow pigments as well as brightly colored paints.
  • Painting Gems
  • Beginner level freehand discussion
  • True Metallic Metals
  • Sheer Fabric

This is a casual format to the class open for a lot of discussion and repeated demos. Once I've demoed a technique for the entire class then I walk around the room and provide one on one assistance to everyone to make sure they understand the theory and execution of the techniques. The main focus of this class is learning 2 Brush Blending because it's the technique I use for painting 95% of my models.