Anyone else going to Adepticon 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else going to Adepticon 2013?

This is my first year going to Adepticon. I would love the opportunity to meet some fellow WAMPers!
    Blog: Mini Mayhem - The Blog!

I think I am going there next year, but not in '13. Lemme know how it is!
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Wish I was going as well! Hoping to make it to Reaper Con this year.

Comment

I hope to meet all the podcasters I listen to, like the guys from GarageHammer and D6 Generation. This is the first year that Bad Dice Podcast and The Joey Berry are attending Adepticon. I hope to meet them as well.

I haven't even started my entry for Crystal Brush yet! Pressure's on. Roman Lappat is the head judge this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Shades View Post
          I haven't even started my entry for Crystal Brush yet! Pressure's on. Roman Lappat is the head judge this year!

Well there you go a fellow Wamper is in charge. Just buy and wear a Wamp t-shirt and he'll be sure to notice you and give you the win
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I may be going, might have an entry or two for Crystal Brush. Would like to meet other WAMPers there, so I'll check back here as it gets closer.
            My CMON Gallery

EBAY!!

Comment

I'm not a particularly vocal WAMPer, but I'll be there. It's a happy coincidence that my nephew has a hockey tourney that weekend in the next suburb over and we don't get to see him much. I made the hotel reservation back in October or something planning to go anyway, but this works out quite well. Now to actually finish something - or somethings - because $45 is a lot for just one entry.

As far as I know, Jeremie Bonament and Diego Esteban will be there.

Comment

I hadn't heard those guys were going to be there. Awesome!

When we get closer to the event, we'll need to figure out a way to organize a WAMPer meetup. I just have no idea what would serve as a recognizable landmark.

Comment

Has anyone here been to Crystal Brush before? Is there anything to do besides shop at the vendor area? Do painters hang out together? Any evening hangouts? Is it difficult to find other painters in the crowds?

Comment

My plans have fallen through, thanks (again) to the Tax Man.
                    My CMON Gallery

EBAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wendy View Post
                      Has anyone here been to Crystal Brush before? Is there anything to do besides shop at the vendor area? Do painters hang out together? Any evening hangouts? Is it difficult to find other painters in the crowds?
                      There are a lot of games to play! Really, even if you're not a minis gamer, there's probably fun to be had by trying out some of the demos. As for painters hanging out, I imagine it's up to us WAMPers and whoever to pave the way. This is only the third year for Crystal Brush, so I suspect it's still gaining momentum as a painter's attraction, since it's embedded in what is primarily a gaming convention. All that said, I know absolutely nothing, since this will be my first year.

Oh, and remember the painting seminars. I signed up for Jeremie's seminar, so I'm pumped.

Originally posted by GreyHorde View Post
                      My plans have fallen through, thanks (again) to the Tax Man.
                      Bummer, dude! That blows.

Comment

Thanks, Shades. I was looking forward to my first Adepticon/CB and meeting some fellow WAMPers. Still looking forward to GenCon, though, and may work on a meet-up, then.

@Wendy - I'll 2nd that and say that if you can get in a painting class or seminar, go for it. They are usually well worth the cost for a couple of hours of good instruction.
                        My CMON Gallery

EBAY!!

Comment

Yeah, it's too bad. Not only are you a fellow WAMPer, you're also a fellow Rush fan!

One of my two Schnauzers is named Geddy.

Comment

Of course, first things first....finish something. I rather wish the rules weren't quite so restrictive on previously shown stuff.

Comment

I barely finished my Crystal Brush entry in time. Cranked it out in 3 weeks! If you have a chance, check out my sneak-peeks. I show a few individual members from my diorama on my blog: http://minimayhem-theblog.blogspot.c...h-diorama.html

Comment

Working...
                              X