NOVA Open to host Crystal Brush qualifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOVA Open to host Crystal Brush qualifier

The NOVA Open gaming convention in Arlington, Virginia (just across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C.) is hosting a painting competition that will be a qualifier for the Crystal Brush competition for Adepticon 2013.

Check out the link for details. Note: the diorama category allows a minimum of 2 models, not 3.

There will also be painting seminars throughout the three days, including classes on airbrushing, weathering, pigments, and more.
    Blog: Mini Mayhem - The Blog!

Crystal Brush is getting up there with golden demon in terms of prestige, wish I could attend!
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

Originally posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
      Crystal Brush is getting up there with golden demon in terms of prestige, wish I could attend!
      No offence mate but that's a bit daft. I personally think Euro's is better the UKGD as a single event but the whole GD thing has brought into the hobby countless top painters and sculptors and has been doing for over 30 years. It's shaped the hobby into what it is and we all paint the way we do because of Golden Demon. CB might have some money and a bit of bling but until it can equal that claim then it's just a pretender.

Comment

Just to interject before the thread risks becoming a pissing contest between painting contests, I simply wish to raise awareness for the NOVA Open painting competition, since it's their very first one, and they could use the promotion. It's just a regional contest trying to spread its wings. The more the merrier, right? Please judge the NOVA Open contest on its own merits, not through its association with CB. Thank you!

Comment

Lol @ shades - pissing contest indeed! Roll on the unification fight!!!
          "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry." :cheeky:

Comment

Originally posted by Shades View Post
            Just to interject before the thread risks becoming a pissing contest between painting contests, I simply wish to raise awareness for the NOVA Open painting competition, since it's their very first one, and they could use the promotion. It's just a regional contest trying to spread its wings. The more the merrier, right? Please judge the NOVA Open contest on its own merits, not through its association with CB. Thank you!
            good on you mate, hope wampers can support it if local.
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by Shades View Post

No risk from me, I respect his opinion, even if I disagree with all points.
              The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .

Comment

Originally posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
                No risk from me, I respect his opinion, even if I disagree with all points.
                Fair enough

Comment

Actually, scratch that, I shouldn't have said all points, actually.

I'm pretty sure some of those mini's in the Cool Mini thread came from crystal brush. I would also like to note that I did not say it was up there with games day, only that it is getting there.

Comment

I forgot to mention that one of the show sponsors, Grex Airbrush, has donated prize support. Each division winner (a total of 6 winners), will receive a Tritium Series airbrush!

Comment

good prizes - are you part of the team behind the team?
                      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by Darklord View Post
                        good prizes - are you part of the team behind the team?

I'm getting involved. This year, I participated in terrain-build parties. I helped build terrain for 40K, even though I would be playing in the Fantasy tournament. But my objectives were to learn new skills and techniques (airbrushing, flocking, etc.); acquaint myself with the staff; and learn how they organize and manage the logistics for such a large event.

For next year (NOVA Open 2013), we're knocking around the idea of having me lead up a Recreational Area for "small-press" games, demos, and open gaming. I hosted a local Demo Day for small-press games back in February, and I'm planning another one for October. I hope to run one or two more before NOVA Open 2013 so that I can work out the kinks and build a network of game-masters to run demos next year.

I don't have anything to do with the art comp. I signed up to enter some figs, and I'm hoping my nominal involvement to date doesn't make me ineligible. It's a question of whether I'm considered "staff" or not. I was never officially brought on as staff, as far as I know, so it would be nice to take a stab at winning a free ticket to Adepticon!

Comment

Working...
                        X