MFCA Valley Forge Show May 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFCA Valley Forge Show May 18-19

I wanted to pass on some addition info about the show that I received from the organizers. This year they're really trying to bring more emphasis to the fantasy side of the hobby. They've changed Best of Show into three separate awards: Best of Fantasy, Best of Historical, and Best of Ordinance. Also, some top notch fantasy painters are coming and they'd like to get the word out. Adrian Bay (vincenti), Mohamed Ait-Mehdi (Mohand), Alfonso Giraldes (Banshee), Kostas Kariotelis, Michael Konkaros and Chris Panagiotou - the last two collaborated on the Best of Fantasy from World Expo this past August - are to attend.

The show rate (at the King of Prussia Radisson) is $129 mentioning Miniatures Figure Collectors of America and booking by April 16 (as opposed to $227). There are other hotels in the area too that are cheaper, but would require a car. Valley Forge National Park is basically across the street from the hotel and there are other historic sites within a couple hours drive like Gettysburg, so one could make quite a trip of it.

This is my favorite show - the quality of work is very high and everyone is very friendly. There's a hospitality suite open Friday and Saturday nights for hanging out and enjoying free drinks. I don't say any of this lightly. It's a 12 hour drive to get there for us. Hope you can make it!

thanks for the info Wendy
    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Quick update: Matteo Murelli (aka Mu) is also coming.

Comment

Working...
      X