Salute 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salute 2015

I shall be finally popping my Salute Cherry this year, helping out on a stand so wont have too long to browse but should be fun.

Anyone else going?
    Shop at the Wampstore

Definitely. Hotel and tickets booked :) My fave show I've been to.

Comment

Would love to but would have to make a long weekend out of it due to the distance and there is no way I am getting time off work in April or May - the downside of working in any field related to finance. Damn tax year end :(
      The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Comment

I need to buy my salute ticket... Definitely planning to go, Cambridge is close enough to manage the day trip!
        A model what I painted: My WIP thread

Comment

will be first show i have been to since WAMP2012 I think.

Have I met you two Mako/Countersunk?
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

You met me many moons back at a GD, I think. Part of the Platoon Britannica crowd then.

Want me to wear a red carnation in my lapel so you recognise me?

Comment

Originally posted by Mako View Post
              Want me to wear a red carnation in my lapel so you recognise me?
              Yes but I am not sleeping with you until the third date
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Does this thread count as a first date?

i now have my shiny digital salute ticket...

Comment

Originally posted by Mako View Post
                  Does this thread count as a first date?

i now have my shiny digital salute ticket...
                  well yes always best to have a first date in a public place
                  Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Hmmmm... See I'm not sure whether to go this year or not. I'll only really get to one big show per year and blow the wad o' cash that I save up during the rest of the year for that express purpose. It's either that or I go to a smaller show like Hammerhead or one or other of the Partizans at Kelham which is my favourite venue.

Pro: It's Salute, it's freakin huge! There are more traders with more stuff than anywhere else.
                    Con: It's also really busy and a lot of the cool things I specifically go to buy sell out very fast.
                    Pro: There are usually some good deals on and plenty of new releases.
                    Con: It's mostly the bigger or well known outfits that go, some of the smaller guys can only afford the smaller shows.
                    Con: Many of the bigger outfits are lines we can get at work and I get a bigger discount on them than I would at the show.
                    Pro: I got several hundred pounds worth of free samples last year as I went round in my work shirt.
                    Con: We only started stocking one of those lines so I doubt there will be a repeat performance.
                    Pro: Brett will be there.
                    Con Brett will be there.
                    Pro: I've now got my route sorted, I know where I'm going and how long it's likely to take.
                    Con: Parking is very expensive.
                    Pro: This years mini is a Perry Bros. so it's likely to be good.
                    Con: It's Agincourt apparently which is not a period I'm particularly into. This year is the 200th anniversary of Waterloo so that's a bit of a missed opportunity.

I suppose it will hinge on whether I can get the weekend off as the boss is on his honeymoon at the beginning of April and also what venue they have for the Partizans/Hammerhead as there was talk of changing it. If it's going to end up like Derby, I'm not going to bother.
                    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
                    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
                    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
                    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
                    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
                    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Comment

I'll be going and will search you all out (I'll probably even where my megazord_man shirt so people know who I am - hoping for that free stuff that Undave mentioned!).

I'm coming with a French friend so I'll make sure I introduce you to JBT!

Comment

JBT is coming? Awesome, will be good to finally meet him in person, is he cycling here?
                        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Yep he's going :)

this is time he's going to be getting a lift in my car, I think carrying 20kg of books is going to be difficult on a bike ;)

Comment

Ooh, is he bringing figopedia? I assume I'll likely have mine by then, but getting to meet him will be pretty good. Specially if I've read some of it and can ask half-intelligent questions

Comment

That's my understanding, he's bringing loads of copies along.

Comment

Working...
                              X