AUSCON - 30/4/2011 - Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUSCON - 30/4/2011 - Brisbane

AUSCON will be a real breath of fresh air for the Australian Gaming and Hobby scene. Running from 30th April to 2nd May 2011 with three full days and two nights of gaming, painting displays, seminars, retail areas, hobby displays, board games, card games and all in a professional, air-conditioned and licensed venue! We want to break the mould of gaming in Australia. Bring fresh and vibrant activity to both table top gaming and miniature painting.

So, whether you want to enter your favourite model in the Wizards of OZ painting competition, try your hand at games you've never seen before or enter one of the war gaming tournaments AUSCON is for you.

Bring the whole family, there will be something for everyone.
    We can't wait to see you there.
    http://www.auscongames.com.au/index.php

& It's at
    RNA Showgrounds
    Gregory Terrace
    Bowen Hills, Brisbane

.... but the real news is, Steampunk Dorothy by Seb Archer

The figure will be available as a limited edition resin at this year's (2011) AUSCON. There will only be 150 resin casts publicly available, and they will only be available for purchase in person at AUSCON. Following the event, there are plans to cast the figure in metal, and sell it through this site as part of the Guild of Harmony range
    Oooh. That's a BINGO!
    This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Love that figure I shall be waiting impatiently for the general release.

Didn't know Seb had started sculpting.
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

Originally posted by War Griffon View Post
      Didn't know Seb had started sculpting.
      He sculpted the whole of the Guild of Harmony range

I really like this mini - best of the year so far
      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I'm getting more and more taken by Steampunk stuff, and this is fantastic. Like WG I shall eagerly anticipate the general release.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
        Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Oh boy, that's a very nice mini, possibly Seb's best so far. Good to see that the show escaped being cancelled by all the damage over there.
          The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

Yeah I really like that mini as well.

Comment

Lovely mini, I love his models, he has a great style.

Comment

& available on Friday (in limited quantities)

Pre-order starts at Midnight (AEST) Friday 11th Feb 2011.
                They will be available in limited quantities and for a limited time from the AUSCON website.
                They will cost $20 and will be limited to 2 per person.
                Postage will depend on if you are in Australia or overseas
                Oooh. That's a BINGO!

Comment

Very nice mini, great piece of sculpting. Would like one.
                  http://noddwyr.wordpress.com/

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
                  Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Comment

Have fun at the show this weekend. I wish I could go to that show. Can someone post up what the price of Steampunk Dorthy is available for?
                    Depending on the price, if someone wants to part with one I might be intrested.

Comment

Originally posted by LOBO View Post
                      Have fun at the show this weekend. I wish I could go to that show. Can someone post up what the price of Steampunk Dorthy is available for?
                      She is no longer on the site for sale so it will probably be up to anyone who attends who wants to sell one.

Comment

Originally posted by LOBO View Post
                        She was $20 with $10 postage(!) & she's extremely nice ... Seb is planning on releasing her (in metal) as part of his GoH range at some stage
                        Oooh. That's a BINGO!

Comment

I am out of luck like always when trying to get these figures....

Comment

Working...
                          X