Golden demon space marines UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden demon space marines UK

hi there, I'm intending to go to the warhammer world open day on 18 October this year. At the same time they are running their new golden demon for the UK.
    The event is a bit of a weird one as it's just for space marine models only. I'm going just to give me the incentive to get a display piece done and see where I stand on my current painting level after many years away from the hobby.
    Is anyone else attending from here?
    Any previous GD winners?

Iacton (Scott) is amongst several GD winners on here but he won bronze with a space marine squad so is well suited to chip in with specific advice. Nt sure how they run them these days, haven't done a GD since the traditional ones.

What are you planning to enter?
    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I'm planning two sons of medusa marines. One to be clean style and the other all battle damaged. I'll then pick which one I think is best and enter it.
      I'm going more for the experience than for any serious attempt

Comment

sounds like a good plan. Do you do both styles usually anyway or is one new to you?
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I'm only just getting back into it really. Never done any weathering and I don't think I've ever painted a space marine for display either! So both are a challenge then

Comment

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE weathering! Done a few marines that way too
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I've been told it's a. Loyal SM comp so no chaos marines...I plan to head up for this one
              http://musketswordpaint.wordpress.com/
              http://irregular-magazine.com
              http://warhammergrimace.wordpress.com/
              http://paper.li/jbhubbard

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy."

Comment

cool, the more the merrier! now i just have to order some new space marines as my son decided to play with the ones i was working on and has somewhat mangled them!

Comment

I know a few guys that will be entering among them the two latest SS's winner richard gray so expect at least some really good pieces. it really doesnt seem to hit well internationally though but i might be wrong as it attached to open days which i think is a good thing. I was on GD tanks which was a tragic event in more than one way. hope this turns out better as i really like the GD competitions (wierd, i know ;) ) i will not go this one though as space marines, especially the loyal ones, are what interest me the least in the 40k universe. Anyway, good luck in the competition!
                  Skelettet S Minis at facebook

1 3 3 4 - "All truth is parallel - all truth is untrue"

Gallery (CMON)

Comment

i dont really see what GW are trying to do with these events
                    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

well honestly me neither, its turning the big international miniature mecca event into a little local nottingham competition. personally i dont mind they having competitions but i think they should save deamons and s-swords to the big one. golden goblins and slayer-butterknife had been more suitable :)
                      the biggest reason that i went to tanks was because i wanted to visit wh world and had summer break from work anyway so thought why not. it has to be a super exciting theme if i should go to another small gd.
                      Skelettet S Minis at facebook

1 3 3 4 - "All truth is parallel - all truth is untrue"

Gallery (CMON)

Comment

Working...
                      X