• Show
Clear All

• Meg Maples
    replied
    PortlandPoster.jpgVancouverPoster.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Meg Maples
    replied
    Still planning on doing the Portland class! Please let me know if anyone is interested. I need to take sign ups in advance.

Meg

Leave a comment:

• Meg Maples
    replied
    Originally posted by NeatPete View Post
    Well for me its completely the price point. Having just bought a house, $200 bucks is double my annual budget for this hobby. I'm sure its worth it, but when the money sin't there, its just not there.

If you are having difficulty filling spots, maybe split it into two days of $100 each?
    Basics on day one and advanced stuff on day two?

You can stay in the guest room of my new house if you'd like! Private, full bathroom, queen sized bed and everything. 10min drive to GG... Trade ya two nights stay and some food for a ticket :D Even if you can't trade a ticket the invite stands :)

Congrats on the house! I definitely understand that buying houses makes things tight! Looks like a really lovely place.

Also, if you manage to stick to that strick annual budget, dude, you need to teach a class at cons on how to exercise will power when it comes to buying lead people! LOL. I know so many people who spend with reckless abandon when it comes to models.

I may take you up on the offer for a place to crash. I gotta see if I can manage to get a few more people for the class. If you guys know anyone who would be interested in attending please point them in the direction of my event link.

Leave a comment:

• NeatPete
    I like to French Kiss Racoons

• NeatPete
    replied
    Well for me its completely the price point. Having just bought a house, $200 bucks is double my annual budget for this hobby. I'm sure its worth it, but when the money sin't there, its just not there.

If you are having difficulty filling spots, maybe split it into two days of $100 each?
    Basics on day one and advanced stuff on day two?

You can stay in the guest room of my new house if you'd like! Private, full bathroom, queen sized bed and everything. 10min drive to GG... Trade ya two nights stay and some food for a ticket :D Even if you can't trade a ticket the invite stands :)

Leave a comment:

• Meg Maples
    replied
    My class is aimed toward any one who wants to learn new painting techniques. It's not geared for getting armies on the table, necessarily, though I do go over techniques that can be applied to both display and tabletop armies.

I hope I get more people for Portland. It would be nice to be able to hold a class closer to home and meet more of the gaming crowd in the PNW area.

Leave a comment:

• Sister_Lucy
    replied
    That is so weird! With how much people send on their miniatures you would think they would want to paint them up nicely.
    Maybe you just need a different sales pitch to snag up the war gamers here. Something about the best painted army on the table or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Meg Maples
    replied
    Imm actually having a really hard time finding people interested in the classes on the west coast which is disheartening since I live in Seattle.

I get asked all the time when I'm doing classes and then when I offer them I barely get any bites. However, internationally and on the east coast doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

Leave a comment:

• Scherdy
    replied
    Just wanted to say I took the class a week ago up in Seattle and it's every bit as good as the reviews on her site state. Loved every minute of it and was well worth the price. No doubt about it.

Leave a comment:

• Plarzoid
    replied
    Meg's good people.

I've taken her class twice now, and I've seen significant leaps in my skills afterwards.

What I love about Meg's classes (vs others I've taken):
    • Informal, relaxed setting
    • Q&A throughout
    • Several chances at 1:1 time with Meg for questions and critique / personalized advice
    • 16+ hours of instruction

You can find my reviews of the two classes I've taken here (Part 1, Part2, Part 3), and here, or on Meg's site, under Events > Class Reviews, look for "Plarzoid".

My only question is... When are you coming back to VA, Meg? :)

Leave a comment:

• Sister_Lucy
    replied
    That is why I paint at home, all the booze I want and I don't have to drag my stuff anywhere. ;) But it's always fun to get together with other people and paint. I wish we had the space to do something like that.

Leave a comment:

• NeatPete
    I like to French Kiss Racoons

• NeatPete
    replied
    I know, me too :(

Too rich for my paint. Love Gaurdian games though. Any place that serves beer is okay in my book. Fun place. Good luck with the class Meg!

Leave a comment:

• Sister_Lucy
    replied
    Thanks for the quick reply, but Damn I'm Out. Sooooo out of my budget. But with how big PDX's gamer community is I'm sure you will fill up.

Leave a comment:

• Meg Maples
    replied
    It's $205/person. Please click on the event link for more information regarding the class.

Leave a comment:

• Sister_Lucy
    replied
    Very cool! I have an interest, I've had a painting block for almost a year now I could use something to jump start me again. I'm just across the river about 15 mins away from portland. What kind of price are you looking at for the classes?

Leave a comment:

• Meg Maples
    started a topic Portland, Oregon Master Class, May 17-18

Portland, Oregon Master Class, May 17-18

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting the word out about trying to organize a 2 day painting class at Guardian Games in Portland, Oregon.

Here's what the Master Class goes over: Class Description

Here's what I recommend people bring with them: Supplies

If interested, please email me to let me know. I'm looking for at least 8 more people to have a total of 10 but can fit 25 total people into the weekend long class.

Hope to hear from you guys!
Working...
X