No announcement yet.

Carthaginian Carnage - 4 Way Hannibal Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's progress - got a little carried away with the shading as glazes finally clicked for me. Now to get prepped to start reapplying the base tone and highlights.

The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Comment

Well that's coming together very nicely!

I've made a tiny, tiny amount of progress today and been looking at basing options.

Reading back through Hard Gains, the Purgatory story I picked up at Salute ... getting an industrial, Shadowrun vibe to the modern world they're in, so I've opted to rebase with a couple of Micro Art bases - final positioning TBC.

As my collection of Purgatory figures expands I'd like a consistent basing theme, factions notwithstanding. Final choice? Not 100% sure yet, but they feel like a nice fit at the moment. Think they may even get primed today ...
      Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

Comment

Not sure on that hannibal base for a couple of reasons. Firstly the natural view is side on to the longest edge of the base but the figures facing makes the narrow length the frontal view which feels wrong. Also the elephant sits clumsily over that lump. I would cut that lump/pipe off the base and respoition them rotating both minis more clockwise.

Theother one looks good though
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

That's not a bad shout. I did step up the base size to give Hannibal and his elephant some more space, but you're right - the large pipe actually gives 'em less. Time to have a rummage and see if there's an alternate one that's more appropriate.

Comment

Still mulling my options for this, but think Hannibal's going to get a more traditional suit. Finding suitable scale examples was initially tricky, but then I remembered that Knight Models churn them out for their Batman game, so here's my current board of ideas.

Lex Luthor's subtle pinstripe appeals to me. I haven't done much pinstriping before, but no time like the present ... right? Tips and recommendations welcome at this point!

Comment

I instantly thought Luthors too.

When I pinstripe I will paint the suit as normal from midtone and add the highlights. Then do the pinstripes (highlight them up too) then I add shading across the whole suit as this shades the pinstripes too.
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Oooh, that's a very smart tip, cheers! Currently being sidetracked by painting the elephant - this really is a lovely model.

Comment

Okay, so looking back at the first post I realised that Brambleten had written our deadline was 8th July. Now I know for a fact that Mr Purgatory hasn't finished, Normski's MIA and Brambleten is probably drowning under the weight of impulse purchases ... so we probably need to change the deadline for this

But ... I've finished mine to throw down a gauntlet of mediocrity to the rest of them. Have at ye!

I liked painting this chap, and the elephant remains adorable. Nice work Purgatory, this was a fun one!

Comment

He looks awesome!

We all missed the deadline so nobody gets to enter the actual contest and win a prize, so we're just playing for pride here now. I know Gary is still playing with his tweed, and mine has been put on the back burner due to major mojo failure and needing my Eavier Metal entry done by the end of the month. And Norm is currently in croatia annoying Marko I believe ;)

Shall we say the middle of August as an extended deadline? Though seeing as you already finished, I guess you could decide how much extra time we all get for being slower than you ;)
                    The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Comment

Shall we say until 4PM? ;)

More seriously, mid-August sounds sensible. Think we've been suffering from that natural hobby slowdown that seems to hit as it warms up.

I've been following Gary's progress on Instagram, and that tweed is going to kickass ... assuming it doesn't claim his sanity first.

Comment

12 months on, I'm awarding myself the victory medal for this challenge

Comment

Originally posted by nerodine View Post
                          12 months on, I'm awarding myself the victory medal for this challenge
                          A wins a win!
                          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

It'll go on the mantlepiece next to my Bronze in the Dad's race at nursery sports day.

Comment

Working...
                            X