Krimso vs. Scott "Thunder-Cock" Radom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krimso vs. Scott "Thunder-Cock" Radom

It's a bout to the finish! We're doing Hasslefree comp mini's with a deadline of the comp deadline. Nov 23.

Mine's just a wee little one. I'm painting up the little girl in power armour as a tribute to my daughter. We'll open it to straight painting vote out of ten once we're done.
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

immediately thought of this from the title

Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I can't help but feel that I am at a disadvantage here! How do you best a thunder-cock?

Comment

Not sure where I'll be heading just yet. I have a few options. Perhaps officer Nick.

Comment

You can't beat a thunder cock! Here's my progress. Small mini on a simple base...

Comment

I start from the bottom of a mini and work up. Gun is basically done, maybe some spot edge highlights. Armour is done to the chest and left arm to the elbow. I like to save the face for last.

Comment

Thunder-cock has gotten off to a quick start!! Perhaps a bit pre-mature?

Looking good though. I'm sure you're daughter will be quite pleased. I'll post some pics sometime this weekend.

Comment

shes purdee!

Gun looks real nice.
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I decided to work on William, a particularly seedy looking character. Here is where I am at with him at present.

IMG_3502.jpg

Comment

Nice, I bought that mini too. Loved "Gravel"!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRadom View Post
                      Nice, I bought that mini too. Loved "Gravel"!
                      I had no idea he was based on Gravel. I loved the comics too!!

Ironically the project is loosely based on Gravel. I have been contemplating gaming with opposing combat mages and their droogs dueling it out. I had planned on modifying Harby as the "Gravel" character. A bit bigger and more imposing. I'd either do a head swap or clean the Harby face up a bit to look less ugly. I had envisioned this model as being more like Luke from Freak Angels. Creepy but dangerous.

Perhaps I will change focus and modify my paint scheme for this model.

Comment

Quickie WIP pics:

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

Comment

Nice, I also liked Freak angels but lost track of it. I should get back to it. I'm all done just need some pics.

Comment

Okay, all done...

Comment

She looks great Scott. I am basically down to the base at this point but have a busy week ahead of me so hopefully I'll get it done and photographed over the next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X