Darklord v BloodFather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darklord v BloodFather

The DarkLord faces off against the BloodFather in an epic bout to paint Maagaan from Mierce miniatures. Who shall forge the best version? BF is using NMM and DL is using TMM. Stay tuned.

Any update photos of the WIP DL? I'll put some up very soon.

I got started on him recently. Happy with his face, and the armor will really come to after I glaze on some rusty browns and maybe some greens. Considering how to do the sabre toothed cloak. Leopard spots or tiger stripes? White or ochre? Decisions decisions to make....
    Attached Files

Comment

Your move DL....your move.... ;)

Comment

I dont know if it was sculpted intentionally but the breast plate on that mini has always reminded me of the eye of terror from GW Chaos.
        http://www.artisan-quarters.com/index.php
        http://www.brokentoad.co.uk/
        http://pnp.li/QXSl
        http://pnp.li/q9jv
        http://pnp.li/uTvk

Comment

good start mate. To be honest I think you will win this one. I am restricted onto a gaming setting and your skills are fantastic but I shall give it a go.

Not started mine yet, well actually I have got to the primer stage, had to do some repair sculpting where the cloak section joins on as it was a bit warped and twisted on mine. Got a comission to get out the way first (just base to finish) then onto this, hopefully starting Tuesday so some WIP in about a weeks time
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Thanks DL. It is all in fun, either way. Take your time, and I am excited to see what you come up with...
            Attached Files

Comment

just started mine. Your scheme is similar to mine in terms of the gold trim I was thinking the same, as mine are true metallics I am considering some purple and green glazes on the metal work to break it up and give it some interest. I have done it n NMM before fine but not dual colour on metal
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

quick update, just a fast shot so duff lighting.

100_9844.JPG100_9845.JPG

just the main metalwork done so far, it has more bluing in reality. The sword blade may well get repainted as I am not happy with it. The base isnt finished, the rock will be mainly covered by snow and the earth is just basecoated.

I am waiting to hear back from the client but I asked about the eye like motifs on his chest and shouler as the original artwork has them in white which I am not keen on. Also need to make sure hes happy with everything so far of course!
                Last edited by Darklord; 11-09-2014, 03:22 pm.
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Tough for me to tell with the sepia tone of the photo, but I think it's lookin damn good!! May have me beat, brother!! Please, more photos!!

I just started on the cloak. Trying to make it look like a real-ish tiger, so it's a burnt orange cloak. Haven't put down the stripes yet, but it's not clashing overly like I thought it could. How well the cloak is executed will determine what people think if the whole paint job, IMO. Good luck my friend, I know I could use some.

Comment

mines getting towards finish. after discussions with the client I went for a snow leopard cloack. Im wishing I hadnt attatched the arms rpior to painting though!
                    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Hi, sorry. I know I've been away for awhile. I am 95% done with mini, about 50% done with his base. I sculpted a sort of brick ruined structure that he is standing on. It got mixed reviews on other forums so I've been debating where to go next. But hope to get much done tonight and I'll provide some pics. I agree with the arms, can cause problems. Also, the sword was overall unremarkable, so when mine broke off for the tenth time when I dropped it, I just replaced it with a spare sword that is a bit better sculpted. The original just didn't have very solid edges, IMO.

Comment

So the mini and the base are both about 90 percent done. But not all the way. A lot of edge highlighting to do on the mini, cleaning up, and filling in some gold. But just thought I should show where I am at:
                        Attached Files

Comment

What line are the plants that your using from? I really like them! I want to say more, but will wait for the voting.
                          Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Comment

you have me beat and no mistake! Just about to photo mine.

I think the base is fantastic. However I dont think it suits the mini. Folks associate armour with knights which doesnt really relate to bricks (more stone or wattle and daub) but then it is fantasy so no hard rules!
                            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

all done. Happy enough with it done with the clients wishes. I do like painting the Mierce stuff.

Good luck Bloodfather though I dont feel you need it!!

Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Working...
                              X