NightyKnight vs Corporea: The Duel of Dragons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NightyKnight vs Corporea: The Duel of Dragons

The gauntlet has been cast! Now will the brushes do battle! Good luck, brave knight. My lions are hungry for a challenge...

So the end date is October 7, yes?
    Some tales are best left for the light of day.

Check out my website at www.talespinnerminis.com.

Comment

Sure! That sounds perfect!

Comment

Go big or go home!

Comment

I say go tiny, go for the Reaper Fairydragon. :D
          Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Comment

I was tempted by the fairy dragon.

But, I just received a rather large box full of reaper bones from the kickstarter and there are several dragons that need attention. I picked Ebonwrath. I'd like to work on black which has always been a challenging color for me. Sadly, I had a slight misstep when boiling him to reposition the legs- I burned off the end of his tail!
            ebon2_zps3f6cde96.jpg
            But that was yet another opportunity in disguise. Out came the greenstuff and I sculpted him a new one. I like it better! Here he is all primed and such. I went ahead and pinned the wings and attached them since they're flexible and I think I can paint in between. The top of the head I'm going to wait on until I get the insides painted.

I think I might break out the water effect and do a swampy base for this fellow if I have time. I raided the garden last night for roots and twigs. Hooray for dragons! I'm planning on black, but with some bright green and white patterns on the back and wings.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm really kicking myself for not buying a few of the dragons during the Reaper KS. I really want the steampunk-ish dragon and Kaladrax, but will be stuck with paying full price now whenever I get around to picking them up. I do like what you've done with her tail and am looking forward to seeing both your projects come along.
              Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Comment

Nice. Good work on the sculpting.

NK is doing the Pathfinder Red dragon from the Reaper KS. He's painting it as a green. I'm writing this post instead of him because I banned him from the computer for the day. <Evil Dad> Maybe he'll get more painting done this way. ;)

I will urge him to take some WIP shots and post them tonight when I get home.

Andy
                Some tales are best left for the light of day.

Check out my website at www.talespinnerminis.com.

Comment

Oh good! I love that pathfinder dragon! I was thinking about doing a blue one, but decided against it, so this will work much better. I'd hate to do the same model.

I've done a bit more basic shading, used a few washes when I really knew better, and promptly put watermarks on the wings! Sigh. I'll fix it, but in the meantime I've been playing around with the idea of trying to a pattern similar to a marble salamander on the black dragon, but in green and black instead of yellow.

I put some doodles on the wings to test out the idea. I'm not sure if I should continue the pattern on the dragon's back and tail. I think I want to, but maybe it will be too busy? Anyway, here's what I've done thus far:

I want it to look more natural- like the dragon would blend well with his swampy environment, rather than just being plain black. They'll be a brighter green and shaded or course, but you get the general idea.

Comment

Well, I can't got anywhere or do much this holiday weekend on account of work, so I decided to work on the swampy base. Sorry to keep posting so much. I just like to document steps! Plus, I noticed there really aren't a lot of swamp tutorials out there. So, if anyone wants, I've got a few more pics of the base in progress. And I could probably duplicate it again. Sculpey makes me much happier than green stuff!

Right now I'm waiting for my envirotex to dry on my sample swamp before I pour the swamp water in this one.

Comment

nice drsgon, I like the pattern Dunno how you feel about them but I did a dragon with stripes using just weathering powders over a basecoat. Its an easy and fun way to get a more realistic effect:

Dragon.jpg

quite hard to see on the photo but gives you the idea,
                      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

This is NightyKnight I am sorry for not posting yet I got rather busy all of a sudden. IMG_2870.jpgIMG_2871 - Copy.JPGIMG_2872.jpgIMG_2869 - Copy.JPG
                        This is my dragon prepped I also base coated ,and did some shadowing.
                        Again sorry for not posting sooner.
                        NK

Comment

Awesome! We've still got lots of time! I've been distracted, too. These crazy pathfinder goblins wandered onto my desk and refuse to leave!

Comment

Argh! I don't think I'll ever finish this ginormous dragon!! Here's where I am- the dragon's still removable from the base.
                            Attached Files

Comment

whoa! nice dragon. Isee some green things out of the mouth and also some on the wings. What's that all about? I may understand more with a top down shot. Great base and great looking dragon so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X