This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAMP Ladder Questions

This is where you can ask any questions about the ladder that you have. Want to change up the rules for you challenge? Ask here. Want some clarification on something? Ask here. Want to complain because you favorite blonde mod is a couch potato? This is the place! :lol:
    Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

I just have a Q with your ladder rules post - I thought that we could challenge 2 places higher at the risk of dropping down a spot if we lose. Top 3 have to be challenged in order.
    Ok, that's more of a statement.
    Here's the Q: So can we challenge 2 places up? ie rank 7 challenges rank 5 but if he loses, he drops to rank 8.

Comment

We'll get back to you but I do believe you're right.
      Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Yes, you can challenge two rungs up.

However, according to the rules - both the first incarnation and the newest version - if you lose, you will drop a number of rungs equal to the number of rungs above you that you challenge.

Basically, the higher up you challenge, the greater the risk.

Of course, we can discuss this and see about amending the ruling here.
        To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

I challenged up two and dropped two when I got abused by Kester and drowned out by "Pete's tears". I like this rule. risky!

Comment

Higher the challenge the more the risk - I like that. But then at the time of writing this I'm at the top so doesn't affect me :)

Comment

That's because I'm number 3 and can't challenge you!
              "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

Bring it on Waggers :lol

Comment

I wouldn't mins some sort of penalty if you challenge someone and DNF, you drop a spot or two, that would be awesome.

Comment

So here's a question about the new ladder. My challenge is coming up as done in a day or so. Typically we'd have to wait a week or so to determine a winner and such but once my challenge is closed and only the voting remains, should I be able to challenge/recieve challenges immediately? I'm super game for that, but this isn't my forum. If it was there's be none of this censorship **** I tell you that for free!
                    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
                    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

I cant see why you cant start your next challenge while the last one is voted for although it might not let you accept one till a score is entered.
                      Peace James
                      https://www.facebook.com/exilespainting/
                      https://www.instagram.com/exilespainting/

Comment

From the way it looks (and I'm still getting the feel for it myself) you'll have to wait until the final score is entered in before moving on to a new challenge.
                        To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

my challenge with In Chigh is not over yet, but I received a PM from Dr.Falkenhayn who challenged me. I thought it was impossible to have two challenges at the same time. Have I missed something?
                          Nameless Painter on FB (new)
                          Chest of Colors Site and Painting Studio

Comment

Doesn't look like the ladder knows about your current challenge. That is, it's not in the list of upcoming matches there.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.facebook.com/fingolfindotnet

Comment

Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                              my challenge with In Chigh is not over yet, but I received a PM from Dr.Falkenhayn who challenged me. I thought it was impossible to have two challenges at the same time. Have I missed something?

I think we may have to click another few buttons to make ours 'official' (our challenge started a few days before the new ladder was installed)

Dont worry about it though, im sure the trusty mods can sort it out for us, or at least tell us what to dooo ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X