X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkn View Post
    Help a newbie out... IP8 stands for?
    Iron Painter 8
    a painting competition over on Wyrd forum...
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

The themes got WAY too specific and constraining previously. Good point Nameless!
      "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
      -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Themes need to be broad and ambiguous so they are open to interpretation for those who want to do something clever as well as those who just want to do a straight figure paint. Of course choosing the themes so that they fulfil those conditions is the hard part.
        "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
        "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
        "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
        "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
        "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
        "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Comment

Yeah, broad themes are good!

I remember suggesting a few last time, like 'Back in black', and the original 3-colours-only casual challenge.

This time, how about a 'no BB orcs' theme? :D :D :D

As usual, I dunno if i'll have the time to join in, but it's always great seeing what you guys come up with. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Orki View Post
            This time, how about a 'no BB orcs' theme? :D :D :D
            Oh come on, surely you don't seriously think I can't create something with a BB orc that fits that theme? :D
            "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

Originally posted by waghorn41 View Post
              Oh come on, surely you don't seriously think I can't create something with a BB orc that fits that theme? :D
              I think you would love that challenge!

Comment

It would be too easy...

I like a challenge
                "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

Sounds interesting. I like the idea of mixing broad themes with more specific ones. Hopefully each will appeal to different people and get them to participate.

Not sure I'll be able to enter a lot of these but I'll definitely keep my eye out and put something up when I can.
                  sigpic Me on Putty&Paint
                  powellminipainting.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm looking forward to these! Bring 'em on.
                    Overly obsessed with: Perry Samurai, Red Box Games Dwarves, Ral Partha, and Dragons.

Comment

Working...
                    X