Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAMP Global Speed Painting Champion: VOTING!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAMP Global Speed Painting Champion: VOTING!!!!!

OK first up, thanks to all those that entered. I think there have been some brilliant entries and you all deserve plenty of kudos for even attempting to paint a miniature in under four hours so well done.

I know there are a few people who said they would enter but couldn't in the end so I hope you can make it next time guys.

Anyway here are the miniatures.

Cregan Tur
    CreganTur.jpg

exilesjjb
    exilesjjb.jpg

kdlynch
    KDLynch.jpg

Nameless
    Nameless.jpg

NeatPete
    NeatPete.jpg

Nord
    Nord.jpg

Spectral Dragon
    SD.jpg

Shades
    shades1.JPGshades1a.JPGshades1b.JPGshades2.JPG

XUR
    XUR.jpg

So there we go. Now all's you have to do is vote. You have three votes and MUST use all votes in one go or else we'll all find you and... well we'll leave that up to you're imagination

If you want to see the WIP shots then here is the link.
    Attached Files
    Cregan Tur
    12.86%
    exilesjjb
    2.86%
    kdlynch
    1.43%
    Nameless
    15.71%
    NeatPete
    1.43%
    Nord
    15.71%
    Spectral Dragon
    4.29%
    Shades
    12.86%
    XUR
    32.86%

The poll is expired.

voted :)
    thanks a lot for this fun event, it was a very interesting experience!
    Nameless Painter on FB (new)
    Chest of Colors Site and Painting Studio

Comment

Voted, nice idea and produced some really good minis. Nice work!

Comment

This was fun, look forward to doing it again!

Voted.
        The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
        Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
        My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
        Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

with 18 voters we should have 54 votes, not 45 :)
          Nameless Painter on FB (new)
          Chest of Colors Site and Painting Studio

Comment

Oh wow! I'm increadibly impressed :) You guys can sure make wonders happen in only 4 hours... Well done!
            This is actually very motivating!
            MaGie Miniature Painting Blog
            MaGie Facebook page :)

Comment

Very impressive let alone for only 4 hours painting, you should all be proud of your work. Extremely difficult to pick only three but votes cast.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
              Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Some nice work, especially for 4 hrs...think I'll enter the next one
                http://musketswordpaint.wordpress.com/
                http://irregular-magazine.com
                http://warhammergrimace.wordpress.com/
                http://paper.li/jbhubbard

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy."

Comment

Best weekend of painting I have had for a long time. Knowing you have just four hours really concentrates your mind, forces you to get organised up front and just get on with it instead of procrastinating. I am pleased with my goblin, yes there are some bits that I think "mmm that could do with a touch up" or "that would be better if ....." but I am just going to stick with it as is. It's a gaming piece and he needs 40 mates to back him up in battle, so I don't have the time to spend hours on one little dude. His mates will be speed painted too, but I will be aiming to get 2 or 3 finished per hour. That still means about 15 - 20 hours on the regiment to come, not something I will get done in one weekend. And then they will almost certainly get defeated every game. But hey, I love painting goblins so it's all good.

Comment

Congrats' Nord :)
                    Really like your entry ... nice posing, great choice of colours and glistening metals.

>Knowing you have just four hours really concentrates your mind, forces you to get organised up front and just get on with it instead of procrastinating.

If we were to organize more of these sessions, my Ephorat colony would be painted in no time !

>[...] but I am just going to stick with it as is.

I, for one, will have to push mine further to finish it.
                    This is what I get for chosing to paint NMM (except for cannon) in a speed contest ... silly me !

Comment

coulda been worse, XUR... you coulda tried plaid all over. lol! :D

i did learn i need to prioritize better when painting to a very short time limit... i lost a lot of time subtly shading the black & white, especially when a lot of it would just be hidden by the plaid striping... should have just gone with all the basic colours and then shade everything at once. not as accurate, but would have made more progress in the 4 hours.
                      "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
                      Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
                      sigpic

Comment

I got mine finished, but like others I focused on the wrong things at the wrong times! I was happy with the overall feel of the model, but know there are a lot of mistakes which bugs me no end!

Didn't get time to take a decent pic, but will do ASAP. Also voted, well done guys!

Comment

Great work all round for only four hours!
                          Are you saying Grade A, or Grey Day?

Comment

Working...
                          X