Rainbow Brush III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

managed to add another one...
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

Thought you folks may be interested in the results from the main competition. Follow the link to the official Facebook page and take a gander at the winners from Gen Con 50.

https://www.facebook.com/RainbowBrus...16164108794669

Comment

Finished on time for the original deadline but I just got around to uploading -.-' August has been a b*h of a month. So was July.

Was planning to do a few entries but all I got was this, and a half built tree and bulldozer-riding-donald-t

Comment

I just uploaded my entry as well. Sounds like we will have more entries this year than last. That's great! :)

Comment

Thanks for all the entries. I will open the polls in around 24 hours. In the meantime please check that your entries are showing on this link. If not let me know

http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/in...oto_contest=35
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Voting has now opened:

http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=18654
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Results time!!

Its been a close run thing and only 1 vote seperated 5 entries!!

In the end though we had a winner and that winner is..............

DEMONN

with Barney The Steamthing

Congratulations to Demonn for the win.

2nd place was a right scramble and in the end we finished up with 4 entries on the same amount of votes. 2 of these were Demonns though and as he already had first 2nd place is awarded as a tie to:

Donald Johansson for his Critters in tree Stump and to Painters Quest for their Hope entry.

big well done to those too for their efforts.

Winners drop me a pm with your details please.

In fact well done to everyone that entered. Some great entries that nailed the themes, others nailed the painting!

Thanks to everyone that voted.
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Thanks Brett for organising this competition.
                  It was real pleasure painting this mini! Thanks to all who voted, too.

congrats to all who entered, you done did good
                  The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

I have to confess I'm surprised. What's the actual relevence of that as an entry for the environment theme?

I don't mean any offence, as it's a very well painted model but personally it's one of the ones I disregarded as off theme.

Comment

Congrats to all the winners. I will get the medals in the mail as soon as I collect the addresses of the winners! If you want to expedite the process and took 1st, 2nd or 3rd, shoot me your address at will@miniaturesoftomorrow.com

Congrats again!

Comment

Originally posted by possumcraft View Post
                        I have to confess I'm surprised. What's the actual relevence of that as an entry for the environment theme?

I don't mean any offence, as it's a very well painted model but personally it's one of the ones I disregarded as off theme.
                        For me it strikes well the discord of the world, industrialisation and our intent to fill the world with toxic and hazardous materials to the detriment of nature. Hes trying to nurture the plant. It feels very much like Wall:E
                        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I didn't honestly realise that was meant to be a plant of any kind. I was trying to work out if it was a wire or a snake or something, lol.
                          The version by Donald in the gallery looks more plant-like, and could show the theme as you described it but really...

It seems apparent the win comes down to the painting and not adherence to the theme, because Painters_Quest's 'Hope' tells the same story but much more clearly with more thought, planning and effort put into the theme.

That's all just my opinion anyway. Given the massive breadth of the theme this year, I was just hoping to see it more clearly demonstrated than in a vanilla bust with a tenuous link.

Comment

Originally posted by possumcraft View Post
                            I didn't honestly realise that was meant to be a plant of any kind. I was trying to work out if it was a wire or a snake or something, lol.
                            The version by Donald in the gallery looks more plant-like, and could show the theme as you described it but really...

It seems apparent the win comes down to the painting and not adherence to the theme, because Painters_Quest's 'Hope' tells the same story but much more clearly with more thought, planning and effort put into the theme.

That's all just my opinion anyway. Given the massive breadth of the theme this year, I was just hoping to see it more clearly demonstrated than in a vanilla bust with a tenuous link.

and your opinion is valid. These things are always subjective. having done a few Iron Painters I know all too well that what I think nails the theme doesnt always seem obvious to the judges!!
                            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by Claooeia
                              any schedule?
                              your 3 years too late for that one!
                              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

It is the first time I hear about this project and it sounds very interesting. I am from Spain, you can https://worldcams.tv/spain/benidorm/beach for more information, and I would like to follow it. So please tell me where I can find an official resource for it. It would be great to see the works of others. I also paint a little, and would love to learn from other people. It is really inspiring approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X