Synthesis - Results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthesis - Results!

Voting time folks to pick a winner for the inaugural Synthesis contest.

We have 10 entries, some are great conversions, others are brilliantly painted and some are just plain bizarre, heck some are even all 3!

But alas only 1 can be crowned victor.

A few voting rules but please read them (you'd be surprised how many don't!!)

1. You must be registered and logged in to vote.
    2. You have 3 votes to cast.
    3. All 3 votes must be cast in one go.
    4. You MUST use 3 votes, each for a different entry.
    5. Voting will remain open until 3pm Monday 10th November(GMT)
    6. Results will remain hidden until the judging closes.
    7. You may not vote on your own entries, anyone found doing so will be disqualified, hung drawn and quartered and made to listen to Justin Biebers album on loop (order of punishment may vary)

Entries can be found via the link below:

Synthesis
    Darklord - The Corruptied
    24.49%
    possumcraft - Banedragon
    22.45%
    Iacton - Lady Grimdark
    26.53%
    SpiralingCadaver - Defender/Rocinante
    6.12%
    XUR - Hinten & Raus, Grands Abstraits
    2.04%
    XUR - Kerbero, whimsical master of traffic lights
    4.08%
    XUR - Boz Ransack with Werewolf Cannon
    2.04%
    XUR - ESTRAGON
    4.08%
    XUR - Raymond Sansker
    6.12%
    alexpainter - Sci-Fi Shimmer
    2.04%
    Shop at the Wampstore

Done !
    Funny ... when I read your description of the Synthesis, I thought you would go for something more exuberant.
    Sorry if you already answered this, but what part did you use for you rider's left arm ?

Comment

My votes are in :D

Wish I had time to enter, I had started an entry so might complete him over the coming weeks anyway :D
      LET THE GAMES BEGIN!! - http://www.afro-zombie.org :torch:

Comment

Originally posted by XUR View Post
        Done !
        Funny ... when I read your description of the Synthesis, I thought you would go for something more exuberant.
        Sorry if you already answered this, but what part did you use for you rider's left arm ?
        I honestly cannot remember where the arm was from. The shield was seperate to the arm I know that much
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Okay, just cast my votes.

Kerbero was my favorite: A cool, weird model that felt internally consistent, with a pretty good paint job. If this were an actual model, I'd probably be thinking of what I could proxy it as, as an excuse to get one.

I liked the Corrupted, cool theme, with the elf wigging out, and I like the story.

Third choice is Raymond. He just looks so chipper, despite some clear physical setbacks.

(I like my own, but obviously can't vote on that ;). )

While Banedragon and Lady Grimdark were both technically strong, I really didn't like either theme, since the emphasis focused too much on T&A. The Banedragon would have been my fave as a weird tank thing, but pile of float of random mostly unclothed girls made it look like a parade float. Similarly, Grimdark is really well executed, but, well, it doesn't feel grim or dark, doesn't feel like a tongue-in-cheek parody nor does it make any sense as a pin-up in theme/with the weird lack of leg/waist armor (seems like she'd fall right over with only half a suit of powered armor), and finally I'm really confused why there's some random writing on the seal. I like my sexy little models, but I just felt like these missed the mark, mostly in being so arbitrarily objectifying.

Comment

Voted.

Comment

Iacton, good points, thanks for the PM. To others, not sure about the execution, but his reasoning was enough that he'd have gotten my third vote for concept (and craft).

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralingCadaver View Post
                Iacton, good points, thanks for the PM. To others, not sure about the execution, but his reasoning was enough that he'd have gotten my third vote for concept (and craft).

sounds like theres some lobbying going on here!
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Nope, that was just up until election night ;)

Comment

Trying to vote but the WAMP gallery continues to challenge me. Says I must be logged in. So I log in. then I click a different pic and the same thing. Oyer and over again. I clicked the remember me button! I'm at work and use IE 7or8 (I know!) so it's probably my browser, but uhg. No votes from Pete guys, sorry.

Some cool looking thumbnails though!

Comment

pete check the url is wampforum.com/ not wamp-forum the hyphen one continues to give issues
                      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Wierd, I just clicked the link you provided and sure enough, it had a hyphen. Removed it and no problems.

Thanks DL

Comment

Yo! How do I get a ticket to ride the Banedragon?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by NeatPete View Post
                            Turn up for the parade, apparently

Comment

Originally posted by NeatPete View Post
                              sleep with his mother
                              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Working...
                              X