Avatars Of War Painting Contest 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avatars Of War Painting Contest 2013

Back for its fifth year, Avatars of War is the longest running Wamp Special and it's always a great contest. They provide some fantastic miniatures to tempt you to paint and the range gets bigger each year.

Prizes:

1st: 6 Avatars of War Miniatures
    2nd 4 Avatars of War Miniatures
    3rd 2 Avatars of War Miniatures

The Deadline for entries will be 1pm Monday 21st February 2013
    (Supporters deadline will be 1pm Monday 28th February 2013 (GMT))

The rules:

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 4000 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • All entries must be new work. (New work is defined as any entry not previously displayed on-line in a completed state (You MAY enter pieces which have been shown as a Work In Progress (WIP)).
    • You give Wamp and Avatars of War permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
    • Judging will be decided by public vote.
    • Submissions must be posted to the Gallery. You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload

You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its inherently Avatars of War.

Please folks make sure you read the rules (especially the new work one!!)

As always any questions feel free to contact me.

We also stock Avatars of War in the Wampstore. To help tempt you in we are offering 10% off all Avatars of War items in out store. Simply quote: AOW2013 at checkout.
    We will be ordering some more items in so if theres an Avatars mini your after let us know and we can get it in for you

You can find our range here:
    Wampstore Avatars of War

thanks

Brett
    Shop at the Wampstore

This is going to be my first contest on wamp, I am looking forward to getting my butt kicked and vary sore cant get better with out going though pain

Comment

You'll be fine bud. Contest are a great way to push your painting and feel free to post a WIP even fellow competitors will be more than happy to give you help
      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I will post a Wip on the one I started, I am just worried that I am taking on to much with a local contest going on next month, and a co-worker wanting a BDSM fairy type person that I am just getting started. Before all this I still need to finish my twilight knight off and a little fellow for her that is almost done painting it as a gift for Christmas thank fully I got 8 more days before I have to wrap it up. :headbutt:

Comment

Have a question are we allowed to convert are miniature in anyway as I am missing an arm, thank you beforehand who ever answers

Comment

Yay. Got my minotaur today for this one.

Comment

Does said prize include the ability to pick from their awesome infantry sets?
              The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
              Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
              My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
              Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

Originally posted by Darklord View Post
                The Deadline for entries will be 1pm Monday 21st February 2013
                (Supporters deadline will be 1pm Monday 28th February 2013 (GMT)
                sorry guys, but is there an error here? by my calendar the 21st of February 2013 is actually a Thursday? So is the 28th. Is that correct?

-DFGStar

Comment

I'd go with Thursday, the 21st / 28th, one week prior & the end of the month, unless Darklord says otherwise.
                  "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
                  Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
                  sigpic

Comment

Been staring at this minotaur for 2 weeks now and can't seem to get the inspiration to even undercoat it yet..... woe is my life.

Comment

@DL: any news on the AOW mini I ordered?
                      The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

Originally posted by Demonn View Post
                        @DL: any news on the AOW mini I ordered?
                        No mate I keep chasing them but nothing yet Im afraid, I can only apologise
                        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

AOW not following through with something? thats new...

Comment

Working on finishing mine.

Comment

Uploaded my entry.. since it is my first uploaded picture on wamp and thus also my first entry to a contest, I hope I did everything correct ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X