Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RESULTS: Vegascat vs Waghorn41 - Animal

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries

RESULTS: Vegascat vs Waghorn41 - Animal

These two are now ready for voting

Scoring is for painting (up to 10 points) and theme (up to 10 points), comments are encouraged as always

Voting will close in (no sooner than) 7 days (January 19th).

==================================

Vegascat: Wereshark

Waghorn41: Animal

Best of luck to you both! :)
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kd, thanks for setting this up in record time; I'm glad you were able to scratch your itch. :)
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    This is going to be a toughie but here goes.

vagascat
    painting - 7
    theme - 8

Very nice little piece. If anything has let it down it's the base and we could have done with some bigger pics.

Waggers
    painting - 7
    theme - 8.5

Is this a wag piece? both mini's are painted very well but more shading on their skin to aid contrast would have been nice.

Theme - 6/10 for both of you. Theres an animal I guess in each, but nothing imaginative or orginal in either. Does what it says on the tin though.

Painting - 7/10 for both of you again. Both nice and solid, though each could do with some stronger contrast. Vegascat's moulded base is a little plain but the painting edges out wags by a smidge, Wags on the other hand edges out the shark with some good attention to scene structure, even if the narrative is a little vague.

"Hey ging-er, wanna see my tool?"

edit - Ahhh, thats better Wag! In that case have another couple of points for an original take on the theme.

So... Theme/paint: Wag 8/7, VC 6/7
    Last edited by Orki; 12-01-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Hey where's my caption that goes with the picture - it's senseless without it!

Amy:The SAME ! Are you calling me a Muppet, Doctor. What is it now, my hair?
    Dr: No, Pond. Not same, similar. He's a drummer and you, well, you're always banging on about something.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

this ones tough

Vegas: Painting: 7 - Those eyes are plain evil, I love it! Some bigger pics would be nice (though you are getting much better!) Can't say much more without a good photo.
    Theme: 5 - He's an animal. Can't say much more than that. A wereshark is kind of a creative were-beast though.

Wag:
    Painting: 6 - seeing some great shades and highlights save on the faces. Nothing much else to say regarding painting.
    Theme: 7 - Well, before even reading the caption I knew 2 important things: 1 they were talking about the poster and 2: who the characters were, even without being familair with the model range! I think your bushes are a bit out of place but that's the only real downside to this I can think of.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Very hard to prefer one over the other as I like them both in their own way.

Painting:
    vegas cat 7
    waghorn 7

Theme:
    vegas Cat 7
    waghorn 6 (fun idea, but no actual animal painted)

Well done guys

Vegascat: paint/theme 6,5/6
    Yes, some better pics would be nice, but well done overall and I like the sharkskin.

Wag: paint/theme 6/7 (after I found the text to go with the dio)
    The jacket on the lady is really good, but the skin and faces of both minis could benefit from a bit of shading/highlights. Cool take on the theme.

Good luck both of you!

Vegascat:
    painting - 7
    theme - 7

Like the mini and it's neatly done, although the photos could be better. Personally I would have preffered a bigger base but that aside I really like the colour of the sharkskin and also the stripey trousers.

Wag:
    painting - 6.5
    theme - 8.5

The theme made me chuckle and the composition works well. Hair and flesh need some definition for me but I like the shading on Amy's boots and her jacket is particularly well done.

Two good pieces, well done both of you.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
    Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

I think I'd have to give equal marks for painting. You both have clean lines, good colors, and nice shading. So...

Vegascat
    Painting - 7
    Theme - 8.5
    Definitely pushed the theme beyond the barnyard!

Wag
    Painting - 7
    Theme - 9
    I never saw that one coming!
    MamaGeekMinis.com
    "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." -St. Francis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast