Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Steel Movement Trays from Shogun Miniatures

Steel Movement Trays from Shogun Miniatures

I just received an order of steel flanged movement trays from Shogun Miniatures and thought I'd post my thoughts on them.
    • There are many sizes already listed on Robert's website, but if you have a size that isn't on there, an email to order@shogunminiatures.com gets a quick response with price.
    • Price. Seriously, just look at them. Unless I'm cutting up soup cans, there's no way I could even get decent flat stock for what he charges for finished trays.
    • Construction. Machine cut edges, machine bent flanges. Completely deburred and relieved edges. Bends are precise and square. Tray is approximately 3mm oversized in each axis in case your bases aren't true. The radiused bend of the flanges allow you to slide the tray around without worries of scratching your game table or picking at your felt (if that's what you use).
    • Material. Looks to be standard stock used for heat and air ductwork. Paintable if cleaned and primed.
    • Ordering & Shipping. To order, send an email to order@shogunminiatures.com and he will reply with price + s&h. Paypal that amount to him and your order shows up pretty fast. I ordered Saturday (Christmas Eve) and received today (the following Friday). He also threw in 10 20X20 sample magnets to try out.
    If you need magnetic troop trays, this is a practical and economical solution.
    http://frogimus.deviantart.com/

Current WIPs: 134 Undead (Mantic) + 46 Elves (Mantic) **the last plastic minis I plan to ever do**
    Next WIP: Infinity Bakunin

Seem quite reasonable. I made some movement trays for my Skaven with plasticard and tin sheets but there'll be more Skaven to make trays for and it looks like they have pretty much all unit sizes I'd need.
    The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Blog Entries
    Excellent resource. I've been looking for exactly this kind of thing. Thanks, Frogimus.

magnet bases for 15 cents each? That's the best deal I have seen yet.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)