Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus - Spoilers Alert!

I hadn't seen this trailer, where scenes are edited differently :

A friend of mine definitely went nuts going into speculations :
    "Yeah, I guess the derelict spaceship isn't complete in itself : it is part of a larger structure ... it is one of four, the wheels of the Chariots of the Gods"
    -XD- I'll have some of whatever he's taking !

Kaeloth, following our conversation about old Alien-themed videogames, I ran both Capcom's AvP & Konami's Aliens on emulator. Helped me a lot in designing the set of my entry for the Vamp/McVey contest, thanks for this :)

Quote Originally Posted by XUR View Post
    Kaeloth, following our conversation about old Alien-themed videogames, I ran both Capcom's AvP & Konami's Aliens on emulator. Helped me a lot in designing the set of my entry for the Vamp/McVey contest, thanks for this :)
    Cool! can't wait to see it :) TY for the further trailer info, your friend has a vivid imagination..

>Cool! can't wait to see it :)

I opened a thread in the display cabinet :
    http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...888#post171888

I was thinking about these lines in the trailer :
    -"It's an invitation".
    -"we were so wrong !!".

For some reason, a terrible canadian movie called Survivor ("Otages en Alaska" in french -XD-) came back to my mind.
    A team was drilling in Alaska and found some sort of fugly alien in its spaceship, stuck for aeons under the ice.
    Turned out he was some sort of galactic farmer, who brought the germs of life to Earth. He was supposed to come back later to harvest the resulting creatures (for some sort of cosmic fast-food chain probably), but the ship got caught in a pool of lava. This allowed humans to evolve in an unexpected fashion, and to develop their own technology.

Hope I'm wrong, and this story of "creators of mankind" has nothing to do with Prometheus :(

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    ****SPOILER ALERT****DON'T READ IF YOU WANT THE FILM TO SURPRISE YOU****

Got this from io9 today.

Prometheus

Ridley Scott screened some new footage in London this morning, which is said to feature several key expository scenes from the first thirty or so minutes of the film. Here's how things kick off, according to The Telegraph, which explains just exactly what prompts the movie's mission in the first place:
    We start, from the look of things, with a discovery on the Isle of Skye, in the company of Rapace's archaeologist, Dr Elizabeth Shaw, and a colleague played by Logan Marshall-Green. It's a 35,000-year-old cave painting depicting a faraway solar system, including one habitable planet with a moon. Fast-forward to 2093, and these two awake from hypersleep on a 17-man exploratory space vessel, their mission to probe the secrets of LV-223 — which buffs will note is not LV-426, the dread-filled planet from Alien and Aliens.
    There's some disagreement on whether that date is actually 2093 or December 2091, although obviously that's not too big a difference to worry about. Anyway, IGN describes what happens once people wake up:
    The ship's crew - which includes Shaw and her scientist-boyfriend Holloway - slowly wake from their space-slumber, and we are introduced to Vickers (Charlize Theron), the tough-talking company suit who is leading the expedition for reasons as-yet-unknown.
    Vickers then plays a holographic film featuring Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce), the elderly boss of Weyland Corp., which has funded the mission. Weyland informs the crew that if they are watching the film he is by now dead, introduces them to the ship's android David (Michael Fassbender) and tells the story of Prometheus, who stole fire from the gods and gave it to man, prompting our own evolution.
    It's also mentioned, in what I think you'd have to consider a rather telling character detail, that Charlize Theron's character starts doing push-ups the second she wakes up from cryogenic sleep, whereas everyone else vomits quite a bit. There are more details at the links. [Telegraph and IGN]
    Memento and L.A. Confidential star Guy Pearce says we won't see any more viral videos featuring his character, business titan and robotics pioneer Sir Peter Weyland, but the other characters will be getting their pre-movie spotlights:
    "You've seen everything you're going to see out of [the TED Talk], but there were some sections of the speech that were trimmed out, just for economics. But there are other viral videos that are going to come out that involve the other characters from the film, with Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender. Mine was just the entrée to bigger and better things."
    He also gave this cryptic hint about his role in the film, which likely refers to the old age makeup implied in the description above:
    "It was a difficult time as well, and I won't explain why [without spoiling the film], but it was quite rigorous."
    [MTV Movies Blog]
    Director Ridley Scott was again asked about what rating he hopes the film will get, and he answered with a lengthy rant about the MPAA ratings board and the economics of filmmaking. The upshot is you should probably expect this movie to be PG-13, since he makes it clear that he wants Prometheus to make money:
    I want certification for this film that allows me to make as large a box office as possible...The studios wrestle constantly with these ridiculous adjustments to whether it's PG13, PG15, R, double R and it does, to a certain extent, affect the box office, which is arithmetic, which is not a cash register, it's how they get their money back and if studios don't get their money back we don't have any movies.
    And so it is important that films are successful and I am fully supportive of that because I'm not just a director, I'm also not stupid. I've been in this business long enough and to a certain extent I'm a businessman. So when a big film fails it's disastrous for all of us. When a big film wins it's terrific for all of us, whether you like the film or not, it's really cool. So the adjustment of the ratings… are inconsistent and ridiculously inconsistent, so I can start talking about films that have got PG13 this year, which are absolutely ****ing ridiculous… is anyone in here from the MPA or whatever it is? …Get your house in order.
    [Bleeding Cool]

Somehow, I managed not to read your post yet
    ... but for how long ?

edit :

Oh Yeah !! Neat !!

Last edited by XUR; 12-04-2012 at 02:38 AM.

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! LOBO
    Here comes the latest trailer to date ...

I can't remember I've been that eager for a movie to be released !!
    Please don't hate me when I'll tell you it will be in french cinemas on the 30th of May (hopefully).

Last edited by XUR; 01-05-2012 at 11:06 PM.

8. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: LOBO,shanerozzell
    Michael Fassbender impresses me more each time I see him act. This one definitely seems to have the horror and suspence 'feel' of the original 'Alien' but with some of the action of 'Aliens'.
    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
    – Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

>Michael Fassbender impresses me more each time I see him act.

I realize I haven't seen lots of movies he's in, but he was excellent in both Inglourious & X-men.
    Can't figure who he was in 300, though.

>This one definitely seems to have the horror and suspence 'feel' of the original 'Alien' but with some of the action of 'Aliens'.

True ... I hadn't seen these tiny pale creatures before, they seem to be the vector of some kind of infection, or rather "infestation" ... Do you think they are "proto Face-Huggers" ?

I'm just a bit bothered the rating conflict doesn't seem to be set at this point :(

Quote Originally Posted by XUR View Post
    Do you think they are "proto Face-Huggers" ?
    Aye, looks to be this is the 'original' species before it assimilated humanoid characteristics from other species.
    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
    – Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

I hadn't realized this, but the David 8 trailer I posted earlier was only an introduction to this :

For an android built 30 years before the Hyperdyne Systems 120-A/2 (Ash from the original Alien), I would have expected him to be less sophisticated ... but he looks even more lifelike !

This "in-movie ad" is so well executed ... Weyland's logo reproduced on both the paper wrap & their droids' fingerprints, cubic poly chips, the five layers of his head moving in opposite rotations, D8's signature used as a logo, ...
    I hope the same attention to detail will be found in the whole movie.

M.Fassbender is playing his "Mr nice guy droid" with the perfect amount of creepiness, don't you think ?
    PLUS, HE CAN PAINT MINIATURES -XD-
    I want one of them !!
    Last edited by XUR; 06-05-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast