Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus - Spoilers Alert!

Hey, thanks for pointing this out, Shane :)
    Yes, looks awesome, can't wait to see this now.
    Funny, it seems Giger's old "breast-pyramid" concept eventually found its way in this movie.

I'm currently working on a small xenomorph-themed diorama using Sedition Wars minis ... will be my entry for the upcoming McVey contest if I complete it in time (and provided I manage to upload my pics correctly this time -XD-)

Saw the trailer yesterday and Charlize Theron as a new Ripley heroine character and Michael Fassbender who played Magneto in the new X-men are good actors, so that's a big plus.
    Awards:
    Posting AwardTop DogSociable AwardMost ReputableFrequent Poster

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    I think Tom Hardy is in it too. I was sold before I saw any trailer as I am an "Alien" nut. I've actually always liked the mystery behind the whole space jockey thing, hope this movie lives up to my internal expectations.
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

I try not to get hyped for movies as 90% of them turn out average at best, but Ridley Scott doing aliens and man does it look good. Tom Hardy would be a bonus.

Friends, sorry to disappoint, but you quite understandably mistook Logan Marshall-Green for Hardy.
    He's known as "the other Tom Hardy", or "Hardy's Doppleganger" -XD-
    Last edited by XUR; 18-03-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Fair 'nuff!
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Looks awesome, i'm just a little disturbed by the "potentially pg-13" tag :S makes me dubious. Loved the original and aliens was amazing but the franchise did kinda go downhill from there.. AVP was a let down too, i used to play the arcade game and it didnt even live up to that lol.. >_<

still im gonna go see it - i'll even pay the ridiculous price of a cinema ticket!

>i'm just a little disturbed by the "potentially pg-13" tag

Same here ...
    According to Wiki, "Scott stated that he will edit both PG-13 and R-rated cuts of the film to be submitted to Fox for review when the film is finalized."
    An acceptable compromise could be to have a PG13 release in movie-theaters, and the R-cut quickly available in home video.

>AVP was a let down too, ...

Don't you think that the idea of "a common pictogram found in the written languages of several ancient cultures" sounds awfully like "the original pyramid found in Antarctica, which inspired all the following ones built on Earth" ?

> [...] i used to play the arcade game

Do you mean the one done by Capcom, with Lynn Kurosawa as a playable character ?
    Greatest beat'em all ever !! :)

By the way, we have a new short video for Prometheus, showing the unboxing of the David 8, Fassbender's character :

Last edited by XUR; 19-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Here is the FB link if interested! LINK:
    Awards:
    Posting AwardTop DogSociable AwardMost ReputableFrequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by XUR View Post
    Do you mean the one done by Capcom, with Lynn Kurosawa as a playable character ?
    Greatest beat'em all ever !! :)
    Damn straight! thanks for all the updates :)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast