Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Wamp Gallery

Enlightened Wamp
    I clicked on the link further up, and it tried to go to this address - http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/users/index.php - which gave me this message...

This address does work though - http://www.wamp-forum.com/gallery/users/Iacton
    CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalGamer View Post
    You people scare me

Enlightened Wamp
    Also, the edit profile part isn't working correctly. You fill in the details requested, but it says INVALID BIRTHDAY, but birthday isn't an option to fill in...
    You people scare me

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    ah link confusion me thinks! wamp-forum.com/gallery is the easy version and as you say artist ones should work.

I'll look into the birthday thing - its a throwback from the original code

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iacton View Post
    Also, the edit profile part isn't working correctly. You fill in the details requested, but it says INVALID BIRTHDAY, but birthday isn't an option to fill in...
    I have added birthday details back on the edit profile which should solve the issue. It wont show your birthday publically though as I dont think its necessary (and some folks wouldnt want that anyway)

Enlightened Wamp
    Cool. Yep, seems to work now.

Right, before I spend half the day farting about, any pics in the old gallery won't be automatically ported over, I'm guessing? Don't expect you to do it for us, but I assume that the old and new aren't just going to be meshed together?
    You people scare me

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iacton View Post
    Cool. Yep, seems to work now.

Right, before I spend half the day farting about, any pics in the old gallery won't be automatically ported over, I'm guessing? Don't expect you to do it for us, but I assume that the old and new aren't just going to be meshed together?
    no porting I'm afraid mate completely independant systems.
    If you just want to upload stuff quickly use the flash uploader - it wont let you add in image details during upload but you can add all these afterwards via 'my pictures' - alternatively use the basic uploader - its one image at a time but you can add all the info during upload.

At present your limited to 30 images. I will increase this over time as things settle and I make sure it doesnt break the tinterweb.

As for the old gallery I will eventually be deleting most of it. For now contest entries and reference photos will continue to use that one

Enlightened Wamp
    No worries. I used the multi-uploader without issues. Just waiting for approvals now. I assume that all of the admin/mod staff will have approval powers, otherwise you HAVE just given yourself a load of extra web work!
    You people scare me

We need approval to upload huh?

Well, that bugs me a bit, but other than that everything seems great so far, though how do you disable the approval requirements for posting a comment for your own photo's?
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
    We need approval to upload huh?
    Yes all photos are approved first (and yeah all mods have approval power so it should be pretty quick)

I understand your frustration at needing approval but its a long sighted approach. While most folks on here will have no problem with their photos the last thing you would want is to be browsing the gallery and you get 10 images of the same thing or a photo that's so dark you cant see anything. Theres also the spam threat. Yes its unlikely to happen but I don't want to risk some idiot putting up nude kiddie pictures or the like.
    It's a little draconian but its not done through any distrust of you folks more the spammers that blight the internet. I prefer to put in place tighter controls that while may annoy a little help to make this place a better experience for everyone.
    I hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
    how do you disable the approval requirements for posting a comment for your own photo's?
    All comments need approval - its a blanket option I am afraid.

One thing to bear in mind is this is the initial offering. There are some features I would like to add but I am not in a position to proceed with at present (mainly financial) but I plan on implementing in the future. I fully expect there to be other things crop up as the system is used and it gets hammered more than I have been able to do.
    To get this far has taken a lot of money and around 6 months so there has been a lot invested into it but I appreciate it isn't perfect and no doubt never will be to everybody but I appreciate the feedback and keep it coming as that helps me structure things for the future

The main test is if people enjoy using it I suppose!!

Flockwit

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    I've currently got the highest rated picture. In your face Cmon!
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast