Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SD's Multiple Army WIP's

SD's Multiple Army WIP's

Rather than make multiple threads I have decided to drop the idea of creating several topics and making one rather large one.

Here is what's up for painting, and probably in order: (All my current armies are GW)

Necrons: These have all been painted once, and are being re-done, this one I keep
    Warriors (I have 40)
    Immortals (old metal, 10)
    Ihmotek
    Destroyers/heavy (I think it's something like 8)
    Scarabs (as of now 10, could turn into two squads of 20)
    Destroyer lords (2)
    Lords (might do these in between sets of multiple models, 4 of these)
    Monoliths (2, one with heavy conversions)

Demons: Paint for Profit
    40 bloodletters
    soul grinder
    20 Plastic Daemonettes
    10 Metal Daemonettes
    3 blood crushers
    1 Bloodthirster

Chaos 40K: paint for profit
    Berzerkers (don't remember how many)
    Rhino
    Predator
    Terminator Lord
    Terminators, lightning claws (allready converted)
    Defiler
    Oblitorator

Skaven: Undecided on if I keep or if I sell
    plague furnace
    Screaming Bell
    60 clanrats
    40 stormvermin
    40 plague monks
    ....and more

There is quite an extensive list, I will leave it at that for now.

Kinda bad to start without pics, so lets start with him. I know he isn't part of the listed armies above, but he's part of the challenge between me and the wag, and he's going to get sold once I am done with him. I should be able to take better pics now that I have a third lamplight.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Change of plans!

After the dwarf I will be doing a trade commision with a friend of mine:

Paint 2 squads of 18 Warriors of Chaos

Recieve: Multiple Vampire counts, 2 dreads, 5 assualt marines, 5 terminators, 4 assault marines without jump packs.

The Dreads I know I can paint well and sell. Time to get started!
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .

One week challenge!

Finish up 36 of these guys in a week, starting yesterday. Bear in mind I am doing this as quick as I can so some of the paint on these models isn't mine. The only thing of interest here is the metal!

The one on the left is S/E shaded to gaming table standards, the one on the right has the first highlight.

dc 001.jpg

dc 001.jpg

Further highlights have been added to the metal, though addmittedly not in as proffessional a blend as I would like. He is happy with it so far though.

Blog Entries
    you could do a wash of your mid colour over the metal that will smooth out the blends

Quote Originally Posted by exilesjjb View Post
    you could do a wash of your mid colour over the metal that will smooth out the blends
    I probably will at that, however painting the models for my friend was not a stipulation of the trade. I am doing this as a favor to him, that said though it would be best to do it right or not do it at all.

WIP trazyn the infinite. Note that the green areas that aren't metallic are simply washed so I can see the detail better, this is nowhere near complete.

trazyn wip 001.jpg

Most of the Warriors of Chaos will be shipped today, a trade for a bunch of marines which I know I can paint up well and sell.

Woot! I got my forgeworld dread back! It's a grey Knight dread and I shal paint it as a venerable dread, gotta look at the codex to see what options I should play with though.

WIP Marines 001.jpg
    Just sat down for a few hours and played around trying to recreate a theme I made on DOW2 Retribution.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast