Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP from Synthet

WIP from Synthet

Since i lost my painting motivation this summer I have had a hard time to get som painting don, not that Im not intrested in painting but I cant find any inpsiration to get those paints floating. But, something is about to change, I have been working on some Orks (30 of them) for Wh40k. AS soon as these boys are done Ill go back to some more non gaming related stuff. Im aiming for some TT+ quality once these are ready.
    Enough of this babbeling and over to some pics.
    Orks mob1.jpgOrks Wip 5-3.jpgOrks wip5-1.jpg

Good to see you getting back in business, mate

Great red colour on the trousers, and I like the skintone. Gives a nice contrast to the warm red.

Thanks Endor! Yes, hopefully I will be able to paint some more now and also post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthet View Post
    Since i lost my painting motivation this summer I have had a hard time to get som painting don, not that Im not intrested in painting but I cant find any inpsiration to get those paints floating. But, something is about to change, I have been working on some Orks (30 of them) for Wh40k. AS soon as these boys are done Ill go back to some more non gaming related stuff. Im aiming for some TT+ quality once these are ready.
    Enough of this babbeling and over to some pics.
    Well, Even with the slightly blurry pic (boy aren't group shots hard?) I can easily make out individual orks and tell what they are equipped with, so you got the tabletop part down.

And they look really good to boot!
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Thanks for your comments!
    I did some more work on the nob, and here is the result (even singel minis are hard to take decent pictures of).
    Evil sunz nob.jpg
    Edit: I also took time to take a photo of another project I have started long ago, but never really hade any inspiration to start painitng. Hopefully that will change now.
    DKoK WIP1.jpg
    Last edited by Synthet; 25-11-2011 at 02:36 PM.

I started on this mini yesterday, its Deneghra who will be the Warcaster fo my Cryx (who I hopefully will put on the gamingtable sometimes...).I The spear just got its basic colours, so ignore that. Otherwise, I have got the first and second shadow on the armour, and started to highligt both the robe and the armour. Im not sure about the robe,should I do it lighter (the whole robe), or would I do some more edge higligt, or just leave it as it is?

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    I think the miniature needs some contrast so for my part, it's a go for a lighter robe.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Im oppostte to Shane I would go edge highlights - probably adding some Space Wolves grey to the green mix perhaps. I would consider doing the horns a pale colour to draw focus towards the face?
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Thanks for the advices lads! I think i will do some more edge highligt by adding Stone grey in the mix, to get a pale green. For the horns I have planned to use the same Stone grey (my favourite colour, use it all the time) and then glaze it with green and maybe some purple. And maybe the same on the skin, but just add some ivory to the skin mix, before I glaze it. It might work, or it will be a disaster, I just have to wait and se;)

I'm liking the dark green. And I support the highlight idea. I think the dark robe will go well with the light skintone. Great start!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast