Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: SHould Blatter Resign

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

SHould Blatter Resign

Following Blatters comments that there's no racism in Football isn't it about time this corrupt and ageing dinosaur left Fifa?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15772629.stm

then we just need rid of the Anglophobe Platini

indicted!

Although given the way he runs FIFA, you can expect a horse head in your bed for starting this thread

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Vern is spot on. He's untouchable but I think he has just shown how out of touch he really is.

Off subject slightly but I think Capello and the FA are just as bad by letting John Terry Captain England. I don't know if he's guilty or innocent of what he's being investigated for (I though I have seen youtube clips so can draw my own conclusion) but while the cloud is hanging over him he should be suspended. Imagine if he's have been the hero of a match (lmao!!), scored a hatrick or performed a goal-line save. Everyone would be singing his praises then the next day he was found guilty??

How can the English FA fight racism on one hand and allow him to represent his country on the other?
    Last edited by shanerozzell; 17-11-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    Awards:
    Wamp Award

Enlightened Wamp
    Blatter will never willingly fall on his sword, and the only viable alternative being that nobend Platini hardly fills me with hope either.
    He's a disgrace, and has been for years. There's so much swept under the carpet at FIFA HQ that I doubt there's enough headroom in Bladder's office to stand these days.
    The Terry situation is not acceptable either, but he hasn't been charged yet, unlike the Suarez case. I don't agree with him captaining the side after the previous 'indiscretions' to be honest, but if we must live with the mantra of innocent until proven otherwise then we have to take the rough with the smooth (although being 2 relatively meaningless friendlies, there was the chance to leave him out as a way of dousing the flames a bit)

Back on point though, Bladder is totally out of touch with the sentiments of the modern world and the modern game. These things can't be tolerated, be it on Hackney Marshes or Wembley stadium. I also wonder/hope that if cases like Terry and Suarez are proven, would the clubs around England enforce the same banning orders that they apply to 'supporters' found guilty of racial abuse? They are perfectly entitled to...
    CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalGamer View Post
    You people scare me

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Suarez has now been charged with racist offences by the FA so I think it will now go to the CPS and then court.

Enlightened Wamp
    @Shane - Totally separate things though, aren't they?
    If he gets found guilty by the FA they can ban/fine him, probably up to 5 games and up to 2 weeks wages... (Because the PFA will step in otherwise and say that the FA are being too harsh on him, before then having some PFA insisting he be banned for longer due to the nature of his offence... confused, I am)

IF the FA find him guilty, then the CPS might pursue a criminal case, but I think that equally it may be perceived as a civil dispute, which could mean Pat Evra having to bring a personal case, or Manchester United possibly.
    What can be done though, as I understand it is that the FA can bar him from all stadia in the UK for an indefinite maximum period, thereby effectively hounding him out of the game. This is where the punishment actually would fit the crime, IMHO.
    CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalGamer View Post
    You people scare me

I don't follow football but anyone who makes light of racism shouldn't be in that sort of position and that appalling John Terry should be charged and the issue debated in court.