Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wamped II

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Wamped II

Wamped! has returned for its second year and it's hard makeover. Gone are the manufacturer categories and entries will now be split into genre specific categories giving even more range for you to bag some prizes! In fact there is over 1,000 worth of prizes for you lovely people.

Deadline:
    The closing date for entries is: 4pm Friday 24th February 2012
    (Supporter deadline will be 5 days later @ 4pm Wednesday 29th February 2012)
    Times quoted are GMT

What can I enter?
    Anything! It can be any scale, genre, manufacturer. It can be terrain, duel, diorama,a full blown army even. BUT! Take note it must be new work. That means it must not have been shown completed anywhere. If you have shown WIP elsewhere that's fine but not completed photos!

Prizes:

Best In Show:
    €150 Credit at Kabuki Models
    La Meridiana: Pyros (75mm)
    Model Display Products Anastacia (54mm)
    Guild of Harmony Set: Phonecia, Vanys, Blagrut and Dorothy
    (one winner recieves ALL the above prizes)

The following categories each have a prize pool. 1st place will get first choice of a prize, then 2nd and so on

Fantasy:

Imbrian Arts Set: Gnoll, Wraith, Necromancer and Dragon Teeth
    Morland Studios 54mm Shar The Traveller
    Relic Knights ‘Kiss & Scratch’
    50 worth of Das Schwarze Auge
    Guild of Harmony Set: Nagrot, Jian Nai, Eilwyn & Qing Long
    1 Fantasy Blister - Ironwwind Metals
    Great Plaguebringer
    Plaguebringer

Sci-Fi

€150 Credit at Kabuki Models
    Relic Knights ‘One Shot & Fritz’
    Gaspez Arts Tatjana
    $100 Gift Voucher Ironwind Metals
    3x Battletech New Releases
    Set of Bronze Pattern Jump Packs (MaxMini)
    Gothic Backpacks (MaxMini)

Historical

Morland Studios 32mm Hatasu
    Morland Studios 54mm Aria Bust
    MDP Oblong Display Plinth
    MDP 33mm Display Plinth

Scenery & Terrain

Foundations of War Village House
    Foundations of War Barrels Set
    MDP 35mm Plinth
    10 Basecrafts Voucher

‘Everything Else’

Morland Studios 32mm Sybil
    Gaspez Arts Sophie
    $40 Gift Voucher - Ironwind Metals
    10 Basecrafts Voucher

‘OOPS!!’ Themed Category

30 Tor Gaming ‘Relics’ goodies
    Super Dungeon Explore Limited Edition ‘Candy & Cola’
    50 Demonworld goodies

Random Prizes:

Foundation of War Round Infested Bases (awarded to 1 random entry that hasn’t already won a prize)
    10 Basecrafts Voucher (Random Entry)
    MDP 41mm Display Base (awarded to 1 random voter)
    1 Fantasy Blister - Ironwind Metals (randome Voter)
    (x3) Battletech New Release - Ironwind Metals (awarded to 1 random entry that hasn’t already won a prize)

Most Entries:
    $40 Gift Voucher - Most Entries

Some of these prizes are unavailable or not yet released.

Categories:

Fantasy
    Sci-Fi
    Historical
    Scenery/Terrain
    Everything Else

There will also be a Best In Show winner.

In addition this year will see the introduction of a brand new concept to Wamped! It's one we have used in our oldest contest the Wamp Monthly and it always brings up some fun entries:

The Themed Category!

The Themed Category add a theme element to entries and is a prize awarded in addition to the others. The theme for this year is..........

'OOPS!'

what you do with that theme is entirely up to you but we will be looking for originality and clever use of theme as well as the technical skill of the entry

Rules:

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. (registration is free). you can register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage any additional photographs of that entry will be removed
    • All entries must be new work (new work is defined as a piece not shown in a finished state in public before. It is fine to enter a piece that has been displayed in a Work In Progress state (if your unsure ask!))
    • You give Wamp and Portal Magazine permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership)
    • You may post pictures of WIP both here and elsewhere in public. Completed work may be displayed elsewhere AFTER it has been entered into the contest gallery here
    • Judging will be decided by Public Poll
    • You may enter as many times as you like in each category.
    • You are only eligible to win 1 prize per category with the exception of Best in Show or Theme prizes as these can be awarded in addition to other prizes.
    • Submissions must be posted to the contest gallery.
    • Photographs must be no larger than 800w x 3100w pixels. If they are the software will automatically reduce your image size and make it pretty small. It is your responsibility to check this
    • You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its within the correct category rules.
    • Any entries found to be breaking the rules will be disqualified

Entries must be placed in the appropriate category here: Wamped II Gallery

So there you go folks - In short create anything you want, any mini from any manufacturer, an army even terrain, buildings and scenery!!

Enjoy,

Brett

p.s. if your interested in adding to the sponsorship of this contest contact me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darklord; 20-01-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Just so I'm clear the categories are really:

Fantasy
    Sci-Fi
    Historical
    Scenery/Terrain
    Everything Else
    Oops!

Is this correct?

Just my opinion of course, but isn't this THE big Wamp contest? I would think / prefer it to have a longer length...especially being over the holidays.

For instance...Golden Demons are 1x per year...and people work on those for many months ahead of the time.
    Now I do understand that with so many contests one with limited talents or time would have to be more selective
    vs. someone who paints full time but again....isn't this the big one?

Anyway...off to work on my RBG entry and think up something for "OOPS" that I might be able to fit in.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalGamer View Post
    Just my opinion of course, but isn't this THE big Wamp contest? I would think / prefer it to have a longer length...especially being over the holidays.
    Normally yes but due to real life commitments I have been struggling to keep up with the day to day stuff on Wamp let alone organise this and the Wamp Awards, as well as next years sponsors and a huge undertaking with the gallery - all while trying to paint to feed the family so my apologies for not giving longer notice, I have worked for 30+ hours this week and not earned a single penny as its all been spent organising Wamp. I felt the time was still enough to get in a good entry or more due to the fact it is open to any manufacturer so you have no need to order something in (unless you want too) you can even enter something you've already started work on.

Basically there was a choice of doing it this way or not doing it at all. I thought this favourable.

Agreed...of the two decisions, you chose best :D
    You really need to delegate more of the site maintenance stuff...be the master evil genius LOL.

In every case, I appreciate what you do.

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Theme? Well 'Ooops' has been done in the monthly so I guess I'll have to think up a new angle...

...........wag scurries off giggling maniacally
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Hmm... I might just be able to pull something together for this :) A month and a half isn't long these days but still. Long enough, especially if I can enter something I've already started :)

Thanks for putting in the work, as always, Darklord!

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I have managed to re-jig things a little and the contest will be extended by 3 weeks. The new deadline is 26th January or 31st for supporters. Hope this helps a little

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    I have managed to re-jig things a little and the contest will be extended by 3 weeks. The new deadline is 26th January or 31st for supporters. Hope this helps a little
    That being the case I may throw in an attempt.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Will help massively! I'm trying to see if I can enter things on Wamped first that I'm doing for other comps as well (assuming the rules in the other comps will allow for that!). If not, I'll definitely have a few to throw into the mix. Cheers for arranging this again Brett, it's what got me hooked on the site in the first place and I'm sure others will follow!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast