Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Front Rank v Ebor WSS comparisons

Front Rank v Ebor WSS comparisons

Probably not of interest to most on here, but just in case ...

I've done a comparison photo between the stunningly good Ebor & the established (but still good) Front Rank figures for the War of the Spanish Succession

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Always good to see comparison shots.
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Blog Entries
    love front rank good coverage of all ranges, while the figures are a little chunky for some tastes (I feel they model them on me). The Front rank 40mm stuff is to die for

Quote Originally Posted by exilesjjb View Post
    love front rank good coverage of all ranges, while the figures are a little chunky for some tastes (I feel they model them on me).
    You phat barstud.

Havent seen their 40's yet might pick up a handful with the next order, 40mm is starting to mark out a bit of a niche. Have you been painting any James? I see Sash and Sabre, Perry's and the lovely (the pics anyway) Gringo's Plus other are starting to bob up on the forums and blogs.

They look nice Vern, a little shorter and considerably slimmer than the Front Rank, level of detail seems about the same. Have you seen Minden Miniatures (WAS & SYW) figures? Nicely proportion and the cavalry are superb.
    Wohohohohohoho!
    What do you mean wohohohohohoho?
    You've just eaten the most acid I ever seen anybody eat man!
    Paint Pig-my wargames blog
    three lil pigs painting-my painting blog

I haven't got any Minden (yet!), as 7YW was one of my period back in the day, and if I start ... do like Richard Ansell's sculpting style though.
    I'm mainly concentrating on Ebor's for WSS, & Barry Hylton's League of Augsburg for earlier.

I've got a couple of Gringo's 40mm, they're very nice - not sure I'd want to game in that size though (although local gamer Andy Copestake (of Old Glory UK), is big on gaming that scale)