Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DKoK Artillery Tractor

Looking good - personally, quite the uniform/tank colour match (& thanks to you, I just picked one of these up!)

Super Wamp
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the tardy reply, I've spent the best part of the last week on a business trip to France :-( French food makes me fat(ter), but wow it's good stuff.

I can understand the comments about the colour of the uniform etc... and I'm sure time may well prove to me that I should have paid attention, but I'm going to stick with it for now. I just hope I don't finish the last dude and decide to go back and change the colour scheme again.

The airbrush was only used for the blue base cost, strips of darker blue and white interior otherwise I used either a sponge or a brush. For a tutorial the one that Darklord did a little while ago pretty much covers the same techniques. The only think extra I did was to first sponge a lighter colour to the areas where it's going to be sponged with the brown/black mix. That way it looks like a base coat is showing through in random spots. Here's a link - http://www.wamp-forum.com/content.ph...fects-Tutorial

Here's the start of the next stage - figure No1 finished although his boots and coat may get some weathering.

Super Wamp
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Looking good - personally, quite the uniform/tank colour match (& thanks to you, I just picked one of these up!)
    Do I get some commission, lol? Actually it's a lovely little model and very manageable - I hope you enjoy painting it as much as I have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12