Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warlord Games 2011

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Warlord Games 2011

So the sun sets on another cracking contest here at Wamp we come to the point that you have all been waiting for. All that hard work and patience, the frustration and the elation have all led towards the challenge of winning one of our coveted titles. With 20 cracking entries it has been a strong field and rising to the top is no mean feat but rise you have, like a farmhouse loaf one lucky winner has risen skywards to become the crusty topping on our Wamp bread (that all went a bit random didnt it!)
    Anyway back to the proceedings and without further ado I have great pleasure in announcing that our runaway winner and NEW Warlord Games Champion is..........

Cubster!

with his lovely Marquis of Montrose:

He bags himself 50 credit @ Warlord for his troubles as well as the priceless prizes of Warlord Games 2011 Champion and the even more exalted prize of a Portal cover!
    Cubster took almost twice as many points as our runner up but a clear 2nd place it was and that goes to our resident Warlord groupie.........

Undave!

with his humorous (and my favourite entry!) Charge!!.....
    Undave earns himself 25 credit @Warlord

our 3rd and final place on the podium was a close fought contest with just 1 vote been the difference but the valiant winner of our 3rd place prize is ... StampedingViking! with his ECW command group. He bags himself 10 credit @Warlord for his efforts

So our 3 winners have been chosen but such good chaps they are at Warlord that there's more miniature goodness to throw carefree to the masses in the form of the Warlord Special prize. The winner of who grabs themselves a copy of 'Hail Caesar!' signed by non other than Mr Rick Priestly.
    To win this prize you had to impress Warlord themselves using the theme 'Charge!' and impress is what one competitor managed to do and that person, the winner of the themed element was............

Coenus!

So there are all your winners folks. Customary thank-you's go out to all the competitors, the voters, the folks that took time to comment on the entries and of course to Warlord Games themselves. They do some cracking miniatures folks so go check them out if you haven't already @ www.warlordgames.co.uk also a big thank-you to Undave for his help.

Apologies for the results been late - A bedridden wife and 3 sick children including an 11 week old exuding stuff from all places for 3 days meant I have been a bit overwhelmed and at risk of bedding land slips near the washing machine!

So there we are folks, I hope you enjoyed the contest and hope even more you stick around for some more of them!
    If you wish to see all the entries you can do so here: Warlord contest entries
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Congratulations to the winners.
    The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Super Wamp
    Congratulations Cubster and all the winners! Great competition, well done to everyone that participated.

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    I don't think there was ever much doubt about first place. Well done Cubster and everyone else who took part.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Congratulations Cubster, that was my choice. Well done, great mini.

Commuting between the Netherworld and the Netherlands
    No surprise in the top position, I can imagine the others were more contested. Congrats to all, it should be mentioned many more great entries were send in than just those who won.
    And a big thanks to Warlord Games for a generously sponsored competition, special thanks for the inclusion of an extra prize!

EDIT: And of course best wishes for the recovery of Darklord's family!
    Last edited by Coenus; 09-08-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Well done guys!

Cubster's piece is painted very nicely and has some wonderfully coherent colour choices and composition. A clear winner for me! Undave's entry was also my other fave, a cheeky little fun scene that was great to see in a gallery full of sensible entries.
    Last edited by Orki; 09-08-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Congrats to the winners and all that took part
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Congrats to all the winners :)

Big thanks to Warlord Games as well for sponsoring the comp.

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I liked the guy with the beer tankard.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast