Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wamp Supporters

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Wamp Supporters

As you know Wamp is a site that is offered completely free to access. It does however cost a fair amount of money to keep up and running and to help pay towards these costs we have the Wamp Supporters scheme.
    In return for kind donations we offer you some 'extra benefits' as a thank you.
    I have taken some time to evaluate the scheme and revised it a little.

I have removed the various different price points we had previously. Now there are too choices:
    • 1 years subscription - £10
    • 1 months subscription £5

(The 1 month I introduced for those that wish to take advantage of the extended contest deadlines subscribing entitles you too)

This is a rise on the basic amount offered previously though £10 per year is the average people were paying anyway hence the reason I opted for that, and it's still reasonably priced I think.

Because of the slight rise I have added in some further benefits for supporters. The main changes are supporters will receive 5 extra days for Wamp Special deadlines (up from 3 days) and there is now a supporter only forum. Pop in and bask in your exclusivity!
    Below is a full list of the extra benefits a supporter will receive:

Standard User
    Supporter
    Contests
    Extra 5 Days For Wamp Special Contests
    Create Ladders
    Create Tournaments
    Blogs
    Group Blog
    Customise Blog
    Forum Functions
    Can Use Invisible Mode
    Use Boolean Search
    Delete Own Threads
    Number Of Social Groups You Can Create
    Customisation
    Custom User Title
    Animated Profile Picture
    Profile Picture Size
    100 x100 px
    600 x 600px
    Animated Signatures
    Customise Profile Page
    Other Extras
    Special Supporter Only Downloads
    Download Portal Specials Before Other Users
    Supporter Badge On Postbit
    Access To Exclusive Supporters Only Forum
    Supporter Exclusive Username Colour
    Games
    Forumon
    Triple Triad

These extras are available right now.

I have also taken the time to go through and modify the existing subscription system to function better, as some supporteres didnt show on the system and others did even though their subscription had expired.

For those of you that are already on a recurring payment for an amount that differs from the new rate I will be cancelling the recurring payment over the next few days as these payments wont be on the new rates. This WILL NOT affect your subscription which will continue to run until its due date as normal, it is simply stopping a future payment been taken.
    If you wish to keep your recurring payment set up and pay the adjusted amount let me know and I can change the amount on the automatic payments (but I will not do this without permission first!!)

If you wish to become a supporter you can do so here: Become a Wamp Supporter

Donations:
    I know that some of you like to contribute to the site for other amounts or prefer not to subscribe. To this end I have added in a donation option that you are free to take up. This will accept a donation via PayPal for an amount you specify - anything from 1p to £60 trillion (though for admin purposes please advise me if your donation will exceed £1m !!

To make a donation goto: Donation Page

Please make sure you use the subscription link if you wish to become a supporter. The donation link will not add you as a supporter!

Supporter status is voluntary and is certainly not expected, so please don't feel you have to take up the scheme because you dont!

As always any questions feel free to contact me
    Last edited by Darklord; 31-07-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Super Wamp
    I didn't realise how much extra stuff supports got - thanks for the clarification :-) On a silly side note; the games don't seem to be working at the moment though.

Thats good to know about the recurring payments, its much clearer this time. by all means adjust mine if its doable.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No man should outlive his imaginary wizard.

Weird, I was on a subscription but its now disappeared. Do I need to do it again, its not that long since I did it. Cheers.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by megazord_man View Post
    On a silly side note; the games don't seem to be working at the moment though.
    could be the site update - I shall check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Twosoc View Post
    Thats good to know about the recurring payments, its much clearer this time. by all means adjust mine if its doable.
    will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sprout View Post
    Weird, I was on a subscription but its now disappeared. Do I need to do it again, its not that long since I did it. Cheers.
    yours had expired 2-3 months agoi but the system had left you on for some reason (did it with others) its partly why I changed the subscription software - took me a long time to check through them all!!

Oh and to clarify the new 5 day contest extension will begin from the next announced contest. All current contest deadlines stay as they are

Many thanks for the update DL, please adjust mine if it's okay.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
    Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Ok it seems I cant adjust the recurring payment so All will be cancelled that arent already on the new rate. To resubscribe just set up a new one when your current subscription runs out

Wamp Guru
    Cheers, DL.
    The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

I didn't realise that's what it meant. I have now subscribed and am very happy to do so, the benefits so far greatly outweigh such a minimal cost. Cheers. WSP

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    could be the site update - I shall check them out.

will do.

yours had expired 2-3 months agoi but the system had left you on for some reason (did it with others) its partly why I changed the subscription software - took me a long time to check through them all!!

Oh and to clarify the new 5 day contest extension will begin from the next announced contest. All current contest deadlines stay as they are
    Had it, whoops sorry I thought it was just recurring and would help itself. I shall pop over and remedy that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast