Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Confrontation miniatures return..Legacy miniatures

Destroyer of Ladders Super Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    The joke is on whomever pays that much for such a "meh" model. :( Definately a WTH moment when I saw it. I'd take the GW griffon over this POS anyday of the week and I'm not even that partial to the GW one.
    Round about the paint pot go. On the palette throw
    royal blue and blood red. Thirty-seven Days of Dread;
    Double, double toil and trouble; 
Fire burn, and paint pot bubble.
    - Wyrd 2011 Rotten Harvest Painting contest

Wait a minute my good man, what's this I see on the webcam? Vegascat sat huddled in a corner in a straightjacket gibbering. What's that you're trying to say? "I've been wagged" Really, well you loook ok to me. Poor demented soul, Wamp has finally taken its toll on his sanity. - Waghorn41

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

The unpainted one is slightly better. The wings actually spoil it for me, I think the head of the bird is really good its a shame it doesn't carry through to the rest of it.

This is more disappointing when you consider they have some other models people who like the range would like like the ogre riders but even in itself its not great. If it didn't say it was Confrontation I wouldn't think it was.

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I think the front half of the model is phenomenal. I like the poses of the front half, and I like the head, expression, claws, and especially the mane of the griffon. The back half looks only adequate, compared to the front half. Looks just kinda stuck on or sculpted as an afterthought or a rush for completion.

This is the unreleased Griffon from Rackham. Note the wing difference and the head position is not the same as the new release version which is diving. The new version is a alternate or a new sculpt. You can find more unreleased Rackham Confrontation minis here: http://rackhamminiatures.yolasite.com/unreleased.php

unreleased griffin.jpg
    Awards:
    Posting AwardTop DogSociable AwardMost ReputableFrequent Poster

I like to French Kiss Racoons

Wamp Apostle
    That new release one is terrible. Much better detail on the unreleased one but the stance is better on the junk one.

New releases, Cadwallon Guild of Necromancers (6) $69.99

http://www.coolminiornot.com/article...-confrontation!

I quite like these but again they don't strike me as being the strongest releases from the selection that is possible from the range.

I like the all seeing eye, but why are the others different color resin? Doesn't look appealing in yellow!

The last 2 in the 6 fig release
    lm0011_3.jpg
    Awards:
    Posting AwardTop DogSociable AwardMost ReputableFrequent Poster

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Errg...so torn, it hurts...

Beautiful, characterful Rackham mini....$11+ per mini....beautiful, characterful Rackham mini....$11+ per mini......

Er, some of these where originally released, surely?

However, being a Cadwallon fan, I will take the plunge and order this set

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Er, some of these where originally released, surely?

However, being a Cadwallon fan, I will take the plunge and order this set
    All unreleased and unavailable anywhere. They only appeared in catalogues, rulebooks etc.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast