Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maelstrom Games Banelegions Painting Contest

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Maelstrom Games Banelegions Painting Contest

It's time for our latest painting contest and it gives me great pleasure to announce our newest sponsor in the form of Maelstrom Games. Many of you will be aware of Maelstroms excellent store, both on-line and the one at Mansfield. The focus of this contest will be on Maelstrom's very own range of rather nice miniatures from their Banelegions range.
    This contest will be slightly different to our usual fare!

Prizes:

• 1st: Gold Trophy and 75 credit
    • 2nd: Silver trophy and 40 credit
    • 3rd: Bronze trophy and 20 credit

The Deadline for entries will be 6pm 6th June 2011
    (Supporters deadline will be 6pm 9th June 2011)

The rules:

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 800 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • You give Wamp and Maelstrom Games permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
    • Judging will be conducted by Maelstrom Games.
    • Submissions must be posted to the Banelegions album
    • Credit is eligible at Maelstroms Mansfield store or on their website

You may enter a single miniature,diorama full 300 piece battle scene - whatever you like as long as its inherently Banelegions.

Please folks make sure you read the rules (especially the new work one!!)

Maelstrom Games will be judging the contest and will include consulatation with some of their Studio painters: Matt Cexwish, Ben Komets, Raffaele Picca and Sebastien Picque.

The Banelegions are a great range with some stunning (and frankly massive!!) monsters as well as more human sized figures if you prefer something smaller.
    To view the range please click here

So there you are folks - should be a great contest and you get a little longer than usual.

So get painting!

Oh wait! You want more? Well, OK then how about this:

If you are attending WAMP2011 then you will have a 2nd chance to win even more!

Any Banelegions entries at WAMP2011 will be judged by Maelstrom Games and Wamp with the following prizes available:
    1st: Gold Maelstrom Trophy and 75 credit
    2n: Silver Maelstrom Trophy
    3rd: Bronze Maelstrom Trophy.

These prizes are in addition to the on-line ones so you are eligible to win prizes in the on-line section and at WAMP2011 too - You could walk away with 2 trophies and up to 150 worth of credit!! These are also in addition to the category and best in show trophies at WAMP2011!
    Even better Maelstrom's very own tame photographer Stu (ex GW Studio Photographer) will be on hand to take pictures of your entry if you wish. These photos can be used for the on-line section of the comp - a great chance to get some top quality photos of your work.

Now that really is everything. As always any questions feel free to contact me!

Cheers

Brett

Nice, all I have to do now is paint something
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by War Griffon View Post
    Nice, all I have to do now is paint something
    I know - they make you jump through hoops these painting contests dont they!

The hoop at the moment seems to be on fire and I can't find the fire protection gel to smother on!!!!!
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Blog Entries
    All I need now is a model and learn how to paint . hee childs play lol.

The range has been growing on me recently, I think I will this a shot. Either ways it's an excuse to feed my resin addiction :P

Shiny, have banelegions models.

Nice comp DL and Maelstrom.

Right, picked up a chimera on ebay that's already been sprayed a certain shade of brown and had some drybrushing on the model done already. What do I need to do to allow me to enter properly? Respray? Or put sufficient work into tweaking what's already on it? I assume the former, but just want to check!

Chief Cabana
    Aye this may get some attention! quite fancy one of those huge bane beasts!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast