Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tutorial videos

I sit on the other bit of the fence on this, I like the long drawn out takes ages approach, but then I do other things while watching and tune in and out..for me its worth seeing how long it takes to get a good result and seeing something come together. I like the execution myself.

Some are better than others, the Nurgle one wasn't spectacular, the giant one is excellent.

Which means I am in for a treat then, as I just downloaded the Giant one Thanks!

Can anyone inform me on the Miniature Mentor series is it best to choose the $70 subscription or to buy the individual down loads separately?

I subscribe but then I will watch almost anything. If you just wanted a couple them buying them individually would work best. If you want a few and new ones as they come along its as easy to subscribe.

If you want more than 3 of them, you should definitely go for a subscription as you can download everything you want and then terminate the subscription before the monthly fees kick in. Personally I prefer not to rush it, I subscribe and download when I want something to watch. As this is probably the best video tutorials around, I like to help them stay in business. Yes, sure - they can improve in a lot of ways but I am sure they will do so as time goes by.

I can also heartily recommend this one: http://www.figone.fr/en/dvds/miniatu...-en-es-it.html

Just got it in the mail as it was recommended to me by Jens, and it's probably the best organised and structured one I have seen. Great stuff.

Absolutely agree with Endor, that is a great DVD.

Will place my order for the figone DVD and get that minotaur and MM sub. Thanks guys.

Blog Entries
    When you terminate your sub with MM what happens about the vid's you have already downloaded? May sound a dumb question but I was always told the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. D. Adams.

'Taxation is just a sophisticated way of demanding money with menaces.' Vetinari

Enlightened Wamp
    Blog Entries
    they're just mp4 vids, so nothing should happen to the ones you've downloaded. :) you just can't get any new ones (or ones you din't d/l before unsubbing)
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743

Blog Entries
    Ahhh right, thanks Kd, makes sense, so I should just be able to slap them onto my NAS and bingo available on any of my network pc's. I wasn't sure if the subs method meant that they were held on MM's server only. Cheers mate.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. D. Adams.

'Taxation is just a sophisticated way of demanding money with menaces.' Vetinari

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast