Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ubers wip

ubers wip

well since i am on here now and since i really like this forum i decided to post my wip here, hopefully i will get more comments and help on my wips on this site than on cmon. thanks again.

uber

started painting on monday. i am pretty happy with how the metals are turning out and think the paint job should be done in the next week. at this point i am really not wanting to paint this piece anymore. mainly because its my least favorite build. i am still not sure what to color the "teef" in the front...i was thinking yellow or yellow and black stripes. not too sure though. maybe just metal.

please let me know what you think.

cheers

uber

Flockwit

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    Hehe that's cool, it looks like a dustcart

Personally I'd go with metal for the teef, Maybe put some dagz and/or checks on the main body though as it looks a little bit plain.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

I like to French Kiss Racoons

Wamp Apostle
    Did GW make a Garbage truck all orky? lol thats awesome.
    Good job Uber. Looks really good so far. I know your sick of painting it but hang in there, your almost done.

I'd hit the red with a Dev mud wash and dirty them up a bit, Pull out the rivets with metal. Those tires look tiny to me but who cares about that right?
    As for the teeth in front, I'd go silver metal, but I do think some hazard yellow/black stripes would be cool as well.
    Finish 'er up!

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Looking at the rest of the model I'd go for 'metal' teeth with plenty of rust around the edges and rivets.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Wamp Member
    if you're going for evil suns or bad moon clan, then go with yellow for the teef ;) otherwise, rusty metal should be good.

Awesome work. I love ork players in general as they tend to be very creative with their vehicles. Is that the old ork truck as a base? Or did you work up from the new one

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    rusted metal teeth but maybe do one or two with yellow/black stripe or in gold almost like it has a gold tooth!

its basically the new ork trukk base.... actually its only the wheels and chassis. after that i just added tons of other things and a ****e load of plasticard.

so two updates in two days....i am flying by this piece. i have dirtied it up per what others have said and am incredibly happy with how its turning out...i think this one is my second favorite now. over the rat rod. who would have thunk it.

let me know what you think.

uber

I like to French Kiss Racoons

Wamp Apostle
    Wow, looking great! Id kit the front facing part above the crew compartment and the back red ladder with some weathering like the rest. I love the gold toof idea DL, that would be great!

What did you use for all those rivets?

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    have you thought of adding some freehand to some of the panels? kind of like they have been salvaged from enemy vehicles and the like?
    to be really funny add a wheel clamp!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast