Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lighting and Magnification

hello

@sprouts thanks for the link, never considered amazon
    @shane, exactly the same as I'm using now, assuming yours has led lighting?

Seems like the optivisor is a front runner then, I have two desk lamps that I'm using at the moment 1 with a fluro tube and the other with led lighting array. I generally wont paint at night because I feel painting under lights is putting additional strain on my crappy eyesight even though there is plenty of light. Obviously I'm lucky to be able to paint during the day but this wont last so I need to think about a better night painting setup.

cheers
    3LP
    Wohohohohohoho!
    What do you mean wohohohohohoho?
    You've just eaten the most acid I ever seen anybody eat man!
    Paint Pig-my wargames blog
    three lil pigs painting-my painting blog

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sprout View Post
    I don't use florescent light tubes as I have very sensitive eyesight (I can see CRTs flickering if set under 70hhz for example, its one of those weird things) and I can see the light bounce refreshing in them.
    Yeah, many people notice this. It's due to bad ballasts, bad bulbs, bad electricity, badly matched tubes/bulbs-ballasts, transformers not being on long enough etc. Your eyes are fine, but your equiment is oldskool, or simply the usual mainstream mass market stuff. Modern digital ballasts have cycles in the tens of thousands of HZ. There's not much chance of us ever being distracted by those.

And CRT's? People still have them? :D

I find photographers bulbs are fine for me so don't need to worry about florescents, which is fortunate.

We still have some CRTs at work - some of our designers use them in their monitor banks; at the sort of price you have to pay for a fully supported flatscreen with hoods etc its worth having a browser / basic programmes on a CRT while playing with pretty things on two flatscreens. These old CRTs were expensive in their day and would still give a flat screen at a few hundred quid a run at colour calibration.

I use two flatscreens myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Orki View Post
    And CRT's? People still have them? :D
    Technology may dictate a digital world, but it is worth remembering that the natural everyday world is analogue.

I actually preferred crt's the light and picture was softer and not sharp and angular, but then I am considered to be a bit of a tw@

3LP
    Wohohohohohoho!
    What do you mean wohohohohohoho?
    You've just eaten the most acid I ever seen anybody eat man!
    Paint Pig-my wargames blog
    three lil pigs painting-my painting blog

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by three little pigs View Post
    I actually preferred crt's the light and picture was softer and not sharp and angular, but then I am considered to be a bit of a tw@
    You have electricity in Oz now?

Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12