Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 399 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Moan Groan B-itch!

Not had a bad day all in all, sorry :D

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Well sounds like UnDave land is pretty horrible right now. F***ING PIRATES!

I had a staff member, who isn't great shakes, tell me their clinically depressed and had to take some time of work. Turns out I can't fire them because depression is a sickness. Thing is she's depressed 'cause she's poor which is because she's always taking time off work but ANYWAY I lost 24 of 48 man hours from wed. on of last week. Made it though by working the extra myself, and since my work computer is dead and I can't surf the net or post here it wasn't that bad at all. Well done to me and all around right?

Wrong. Owner of the store comes in to check the joint out. Looks the store over and is pretty happy. He walks past the half dozen or more critical problems that need fixing (like an "open" sign that doesn't work coupel with the great combination of a door that sticks and doesn't open without tugging...and he refuses to sign off on the money I need to get these things fixed.) and walks into my main walk in cooler.

"This floor is filthy, why haven't you cleaned it"
    me-"Had a rough half of last week and got it cleaned out friday but had no time on Saturday and we're closed Sunday so I was about to do it this morning but I got busy. Sorry"

By the way I should point out that I am to make sure the cooler is cleaned out once a week. Certainly met those expectations. Carrying on....

"What the f*** is so important you couldn't get this floor mopped out?"
    "Well, the other two staff are organizing orders to go out for a couple of functions this AM, and I am still busy doing what I was doing for the last half hour."
    "What the hell have you been doing for a half a f***in' hour instead of mopping?!?!?"
    "Well.... notice how I'm holding this compress on my arm? Notice how I am holding my arm above my heart? Notice this blood running down my arm while we talk? I accidently drove my knife into my forearm boss. Sorry, I really wanted to clean the floor but I got carried away tending to my wounds. I don't think I cut any tendons or hit any veins so once I am done bleeding I'll wrap it up good and clean the floor. Promise!"

I should note that the cut wasn't that bad. It bled forever but it barely cut through the skin and I didn't need stitches. used the old hockey trick of super glueing the skin together. Works awesome! And yes, I did have the super glue at work to assemble models over my lunch hours....

So anyway the boss leaves pissed off at my back talk. 90 seconds later my General Manager calls me up. No hello, no nothing...

"Clean the f***in' cooler!"
    "I will, immediatley after my wound closes."
    "How long will that take?". His concern was touching.

I am also told I was the subject of a scathing eMail about the attitude of the management of the company. My name wasn't apparently used, but since there's not many of us it was kind of easy for them to figure out who had pissed the boss off. In the eMail we were told to issue reports citing the changes we were going to make to improve the sanitation procedures of our stores. We had one week to fill them out and get them to him. So everyone else is thrilled they have to spend time making up solutions to imaginary problems that links back to me.

And of course.... My computer has been out of commission for a couple weeks and he won't approve a dime to have it fixed. so I won't even be involved!

I'd say this was a bad week but truthfully it's business as usual. That's how we roll! 30 million-ish in sales last year for us guys during a labor shortage working 60 hour weeks, but damn if that cooler floor isn't an issue!
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    *mumble mumble f***ing pirates mumble mumble*
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Undave: How accurate's the game in terms of naval tactics? Raking fire/crossing the T and boarding actions etc? If it's realistic, the poor discipline of pirates should allow a boarding action to win the day (unless you're playing as the Spanish... :P ).

Can you do the ol' Thomas Cochrane v El Gamo thing? I'm really interested in the naval warfare of that era but didn't like the Civ style change of format with the Total War games, from Rome onwards.

From what you've said, I wouldn't like this one either - though I loves my glorious Age of Sail.

In terms of my list of woes ... pheeeeeeeeeeeew!!!! Maybe later....

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    No idea, to board them first I'd have to dismast them or the tricky buggers will run away and pound me from range. I gave up in the end and let the computer autofight it for me so I came away three for three which is still a poor exchange but at least I got rid of those f***ing pirates.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."

Scott. I would recommend luring your a**hole boss into the freezer, driving an ice pick through his skull, cutting him up and selling the bits. No more boss. No body, more cash for minis.
    Feel free to call on me for more advice anytime.

Blog Entries
    Just be sure to clean up after ;)
    "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
    I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

can I order a rump roast?
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says " oh crap....she's awake!~

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Today only: special on long pork
    Awards:
    Top Referrer

I'll take a loin.
    Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Page 2 of 399 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast